Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Streaming from Nintendo Switch

I want to stream Nintendo Switch content directly to Mixer without using a third party intermediary. Right now the workaround includes using a capture card installed on a PC while your Switch is plugged into the PC directly. This isn't a bad workaround by any means but it has two weaknesses: 1) capture cards are sort of pricey, and for budget streamers like myself, I found Mixer to be my answer in terms of the lack of peripherals needed to stream Xbox content. and 2) if you're using your PC as a go-between to stream through OBS or whatever other software, you're relegated to using whichever display is attached to your PC. The best part of using Mixer as a streaming service to begin with, at least from my perspective, is being able to turn my TV on and play Xbox like I normally would.

I think if you guys can come up with a way to essentially migrate the functionality and ease-of-use that comes with streaming from Xbox and apply it to the Nintendo Switch system, you may be able to make a larger impact on the community as a whole and end up becoming the premier console streaming platform. Twitch already has the PC market essentially completely locked down, but Mixer can be the respite that console players need to build a community for themselves and stream the games they love.

6 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mitchell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)