Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Bonus for buying Embers

Hello friends!

First of all, I want to say the roll out of Spark Patronage and Embers have been extremely beneficial to a lot of the content creators on the platform and I wanted to tell you guys you're doing a great job!

Secondly, I had an idea that might incentivize the purchase and use of Embers throughout Mixer. Currently, Mixer has two different types of subscriptions services. One being Mixer Pro and the other being the subscription to specific partners. Mixer Pro gives you a purple name, double xp/spark gain, and access to test some beta features from time to time. Subscribing to a partner directly gives you double xp/spark gain while in their channel (live), and emotes that you can use all across the platform. My idea is that when a user purchases Embers they are given a temporary 'buff' to their account that simply doubles their xp/spark gain for a limited time. This buff WOULD stack with Mixer Pro or partner subscriptions. If you're a regular user you get 2x xp/sparks. If you're a Mixer Pro member you would get 4x xp/sparks and finally if you're subscribed to a partner and in their channel while live you would also get 4x xp/sparks. This buff cannot exceed 4x much like Pro and subs don't stack. We could even make this not work in Channel One because 1. you can't spend embers in channel one and two it would also incentivize people spending time in actual channels.

This can be worked out to something like $1 spent on Embers = 1hr of 2x xp/sparks and can grant bigger bonuses for more money spent. $5 could give you 6hrs. This would not only incentivize people to purchase Embers almost every time they watch on Mixer, it would more than likely increase retention and active chatters in channels.

If anyone has any ideas they could think of to elaborate on this idea, please feel free to do so in the comments below. If Mixer would like to message me directly for any more information or ideas regarding this 'Bonus for Buying Embers' I can be found on the partner discord or Supa#1337 on discord in general. Thanks!

27 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Supa shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)