Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Chat Delay For New Accounts (Visible to Mods)

I've been seeing a lot of complaints about Toxic people in chat recently, which made me think of this idea.

How about we get a chat delay for new users, which allows the streamer / channel to choose when they think an account is new (24 hours / 48 hours / 1 week) those accounts will have a chat delay, that the rest of the chat does not.

So basically a new account posts something nasty in chat, ONLY moderators will see that message for the first 3 / 5 / 8 seconds until it becomes visible in chat. The moderators will then be able to delete the message and if needed, report it BEFORE it is visible to everyone else.

In short:

1. Chat delay for certain accounts picked by the channel
2. Chat message not visible to anyone but moderators until after a pre-defined time period.

I am sure this would be a HUGE help for many channels, as I know some streamers, even though they are aware that this is mostly just stupid kids creating new accounts over and over, does get affected by the hateful messages.

What do you think?

15 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

RawXtv shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mailordergamers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this would be good against spoilers too, I thankfully don't see too much toxic chat, I feel mixer is pretty legit there.

Feedback and Knowledge Base