Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Idea for Non Partnered Streamers to Benefit in Season 2

Upon the release of Season 2, I saw that there wasn't anything in terms of "Monetization" for non partnered streamers.

It doesn't really affect me much, but I had an idea how maybe it could work.

First off, I think I know why it's not currently a feature in the first place. With all the people on Mixer (viewers, not just streamers) there is now hundreds of thousands (maybe millions) of Sparks earned and spent each day and on each stream and for Mixer to open the floodgates for all those Sparks to turn into money for every streamer who is on Mixer would actually be way too much to keep up with. Like tax forms, keeping records and might actually bankrupt Mixer.

But, here's my idea of how I think non partnered streamers could benefit from Sparks.

For starters, to keep it from "everyone" being apart and abusing the system, what if the streamer had to be at a certain Level, like 50 before they can get a Crystal? And with the launch of Embers coming, what if non partnered streamers could earn a percentage of Embers bought only on their Channel by people watching?

For instance, someone is watching my Channel and there's a button that says like "Support Stream with Embers" and when the viewer spends $50 the revenue is split something like 30/70. 30% goes to Mixer and 70% goes to the streamer.

That way ONLY if the viewer buys Embers on that Channel they can support the streamer instead of just giving the free Sparks that they earn. Which would help give Mixer back revenue to keep the economy going. So instead of Mixer paying the streamer, it would actually be viewers who would technically be the one's supporting the streamer.

6 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8BitKyle shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)