Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

New Spark Intervals for Upcoming Spark Cost Changes

New Suggested Values for Spark Cost Changes upcoming in the Mixer API. This post is asking to list the new following intervals to the list of intervals planned in the following developer guides: https://dev.mixer.com/guides/season2/sparkcostchanges

Please Add...
1mil
2mil
3mil
4mil
5mil

Thanks!

57 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

GhostfromTexas shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminMixer Team (Admin, Mixer) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you everyone, please see the status update above. This is STARTED and we're actively working on adding these items. Please suggest additional items below.

Thank you.

~RF

• MRVDOG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with you here Ghost, there should be no limit to spark costs on MixPlay, if people are willing to spend the sparks, then they should be allowed. Currently, all the longtime members will have millions of sparks, but they won't last long, so it's not going to be often a 100k button will get pressed after everyone has spent all their sparks, which will force streamers to lower button costs

• sorryaboutyourcats commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

10,000 sparks is definitely way too low for certain activities, like getting slapped by a robot 100 times, and viewers have no issues spending 100,000 on it - this goes for other lovely streamers as well with their super-troll-button, so I'm definitely not alone here.

On top of that, having a Spark store where viewers can buy physical art or merch with sparks makes total sense, but limiting it to 10,000 will make that impossible.

Lastly, Season 2 kicks *** - thank you Mixer!

• KZ5EE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Predefined intervals should be an option, not the standard. There are so many more channels that have buttons at a spark cost of 1 but have 'special' buttons that have a much bigger cost for either big presentations or for their users to "troll" them.

• Grim_al_kin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While I can see going to higher values for certain buttons (a 100k is a good amount), a limit is also a necessity. The purpose of implementing a limit is to make it fair across the board for all partners (no big time streamers with long time veiwers spending 1 mil or more in one go... not to mention that the #sparkopolypse has pretty well drained most veiwers of the massive amounts they had before season 2)

• Break of Day commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More options are better. Higher values also helps keep big interactive buttons from being spammed.

• WesleyShark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is incredibly important. The variety of the MixPlay experience is what makes it to unique. We definitely need high values to remain in the system.

• NashtyGamer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With the recent announcement in the developer notes for Soundboards, Mixer is going to limit how many sparks that a streamer can charge for a button. Where did this idea come from? Since the cap will be 10k, this means that the buttons will be cheap from a spark generation standpoint. I can farm that in less than a week. I can have over 100k in almost a month if I stream diligently and watch in my spare time. This is not the “typical use-case” and even more people can generate double that amount, by my reckoning and logic.

I have a button in my stream that has a 3% chance to cause the end of the stream. It currently costs 125k sparks. This button gets spammed sometimes and people save for this button. It is a button of “stream maladies” and it is well worth the 125k sparks in my opinion. However… Changing that button to 10k means that I will have to remove that staple from my soundboard. If I do that, then I might as well not have one. It would save me effort in the long run to use those as sound effects that I can deploy at random with my Stream Deck and lose the interactivity to the stream.

I believe in the thought that the streamer should set the Spark Limit and have control over the soundboard. This should not be a developer fix. It will stifle creativity and productivity. Soundboards with 16 buttons take anywhere from 4-10 hours to develop and publish. Using a drop down menu to select how many sparks to charge, doesn’t fix that problem. A very real problem that should be addressed in regards to soundboards is the fact that you have to build the boards twice. Once in the Developer Tab on Mixer and set the spark limits with everything else (sizing, colors, orientation, PC/Tablet/Mobile). The other time is where you build the board with the sparks, colors, load images, etc. inside of the program that you are using to display this on stream (Firebot, Scorpbot, MixItUpApp, etc.). This is a lengthy process. That is what should be streamlined. This change only affects 1 very small portion of the setup on a soundboard.

I would get rid of my soundboard due to this because this change isn’t worth the headache of setting the board up again with the new rules. I am sure that I am not the only one who would feel that way either. Soundboards are painful to setup and take care of. It is easier not to use one than to be told that you don’t have control over it completely (spark amount, cooldowns, functions, etc.). I feel that this goes against everything that I feel that Mixer is trying to accomplish with this change. Interactivity is one of the reasons that we have them to begin with. Moderation is also another key function of the soundboard. My “Tactical Nuke Button” shouldn’t be pressed every stream. The cost keeps that logic sound, not the cooldown. There are many buttons on Mixer that are expensive, but worth the cost. This would practically eliminate those or move these features strictly to a “Mod-Only” board, which also requires 4-10 hours to develop and isn’t worth the effort.

We “as streamers” shouldn’t have to develop multiple boards for “moderation” purposes when the spark costs were part of the moderation to begin with. I am very disappointed that this is the route that was taken and 10k was decided as “the limit”.

Feedback and Knowledge Base