Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Mixer Affiliates

I really enjoy the Mixer Season 2. However I am a LITTLE bummed that nothing new was presented to smaller streamers to hype them up.

I honestly feel the sparks as a form of monetization for smaller streamers as well could potentially be the start of some sort of Mixer Affiliate program.

Yes, I can now use my sparks to support "my favorite content creators" but at least half of my favorites are not even partnered.

We love you Mixer, but don't forget about us little folk trying to work our magic on the platform.

47 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jude Salmon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Cooper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i personally think this is a good idea! well right as of this post non partnered streamers get nothing at all when it comes to money or anything. now im not saying let go pay every single streamer trying, im saying maybe some sort of affiliate program that once affiliated you get sparks banked up or a certain percentage of all spark donations would be banked then once partnered they can cash out if they want to kinda thing.

• Valsis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I personally do not agree with an Affiliate Program on Mixer.

That will make Mixer another Twitch platform and Mixer exists to be different and unique.

Personally I think that an Affiliation Program is a way to celebrate mediocrity and weariness with no goals to be achieved what so ever.

It makes all of those who actually put hours of work into reaching actual goals look like fools when affiliation would hand the same perks for no goals at all.

You either work to reach the Partnership goals or you don't. That is something only you can achieve. If you can't reach Partnership goals I would have to say you're not fit to represent the platform and the brand as is.

After all, this is all business and, if you can reach minimum goals like the Partnership ones that already have been tweaked, you're not fit to be an official representative of the platform.

• nostologic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel like the moment we add affiliate we're going to get an exclusivity clause. I also want this platform to grow for reasons other than solely monetization. I'd rather see sparks get banked for streamers and then when they get partnership they get credit for them as well. I don't think this is a bad suggestion, just the way its presented doesn't seem right to me.

• Adust commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This sounds like a good idea and I would say I want them to do what twitch did as in allowing a sub button on affiliates channels but only allowing one emote. Only good can come from this for the creator and mixer because they will both be earning more money. Difference between affiliate and partner would be that the partner would be representatives for the website and would have to be a good role model for the community.

• SeekeroftheDawn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Firat of all 5 mil sparks is a $250 payout. Secondly an affiliate program is not necessarily a good thing. Far too many people get to affiliate and stop working to make partner, rather they rest on their laurels. I think something that more incentivises the streamer to polishbtheir stream, while rewarding them for making the requirements would be nice. Unlike the Twitch affiliate program, that's too easy to make, rewards very little and is a glorified contract blocking you feom restreaming your broadcasts.

• WorstPubgPlayerEver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What if Mixer Let us have sparks and emotes? Ill settle for that! Partners can keep their sub button and direct purchase!

• rory commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree with you me being a streamer with just over 1.2k i would love to have affiliate introduced into mixer

mixer themselves would make alot of money

come on mixer make the requirements some thing like 200 followers and and around 3 concurrent viewers throughout the last couple of live streams

• KensonPlays commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

100 = $1? That's a bit too much, IMO. I have a 250 spark button that plays one of 30-40 random sound effects, so that's 2.5 per button press? That's a bit too much. Maybe 500-750 = $1 or something? That's more balanced, IMO.

• skunkling commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

5mil sparks is like a $500 bonus for partners. Do as an affiliate the ratio would be less. However, they could the same ratio because us "up and comers" don't have the ability, nor reach to farm sparks like a partner can.

• Jude Salmon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

*After thought*

It would even be cool to let non-partnered streamers who meet certain criteria to be able to earn a smaller portion of what Partners spark payouts would be. Honestly I don't know what it currently sits at, but something like 100 sparks = $1 for non-partners?

Feedback and Knowledge Base