Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Skills and season 2 for non partnered streams

So with Season 2 now revealed and the new usage of sparks which only benefit partners, I was thinking about a system for non partnered streamers.

Basically people would use the skills as normal, but instead of a cash payout, non partnered streamers would get a % of the sparks spend from users into their own sparks account.

The reason behind the % instead of the full amount of sparks is because sparks now has a real life $ value.

As I've seen many point out, having sparks set on your Mixplay board or for people in general to use the new skill system in non partnered streams seems like throwing money out of the window since they'd go to no one and not supporting the streamer they choose to use their sparks on.

83 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

R4ver shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • R4ver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A little note to this feedback after I've seen the spark wallets gone down for everyone, partners as non partners. Instead of solely be for non-partners only, I feel partners should be included in this as well to make everything go around. I have a feeling that the use of sparks will come to a halt since the only way to gain sparks is by watching, so we might see periods where skills and sparks used for sound boards will be very minimal or non at all, ofc depending on people sparks costs on board.

• Flaretale52 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This Is GREAT. I didn't like read fully before posting my Sparks idea, so I decided to link that idea to this one. I really HOPE this goes through... *Crosses claws*

• zzBuLLeTzz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was going to come suggest the same thing, but I see you already have. Thanks for saving me some typing work ;)

• KensonPlays commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this 100%, but tend to agree with Valsis, as well. Keep Embers for partners, but allow non-partners to get sparks into their balance so the sparks don't just DISAPPEAR. They stick with the non-partners account so they can 'forward' the sparks to partners so that way their $$$ value sticks.

• BVR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the idea of a % of sparks getting recycled into the non-partner's channel bank so that they can go towards other things.

One thing people need to realize is these "Payouts" will not always continue to be this big. Right now people have been sitting on sparks with no real reason to use them. Many sitting well over 1 million. These people right now are able to push these milestones but in the coming weeks it will probably be just a few dollars here or there because people need to grow their balances again.

• rockoutguy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These are great ideas!
        With Mixer 2, Sparks lose their value for non-partnered streamers.
        Giving them some value to non-partnered streams is definitely needed.
        - Converting them to another "Mixer currency"
        -- like Sparks
        -- having them be 'extra credit' for streamers applying for partnership
        -- and so on..

• Valsis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I support this with some added feedback on the matter.

While currently the Sparks and Skills are used for "Cash rewards" for partners only, once Embers get released in 2019 my hopes fall under the following points:

- Sparks + Skills - available for all streamers so everyone can benefit from them. Everyone earns sparks so, why not allow everyone to benefit from them?

- Embers - Available for Partners only. Since this system involves real money being donated (Mixer's version of Bits), it makes sense this feature to be available only for the official representatives of the platform/company.

• R4ver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to add that I'm a full supporter of only partnered streamers to get a cash payout since they in the first place represents Mixer. But I hope this idea will get some thoughts flowing on how to allow non partnered streamers to benefit from the new system as well.

Feedback and Knowledge Base