Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Skill Animation

Would love to have an option somewhere that allows me to completely disable the new skills emoji/animation/effects/etc. These are very intrusive to a chat that has real conversations going. Mods and people in my chat are growing impatient with the spam of this new "feature".

127 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

49 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AZnSlickSlaya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What if you increase the value that sparks give to Partners. And add in a cool down mode. This way you aren't taking away value from the streamer. But also not spamming chat. Another idea would be. Some how... in public chat have the message disappear. But for the streamer they can choose for it not to disappear. Or have a seperate pop up window to view who supported them using sparks. I would hate to see the use of skills go down or the value go down.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please yes for the love of all good things in this world I HATE THE STICKERS SO FREAKING MUCH I HATE THEM I HATE THEM I HATE THEM. They made me crash in my Mixer Paladins viewing.

• Retropyro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These things have actually made me stop watching Mixer and have me on the verge of going back to Twitch for my own channel.

• Yirggzmb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just agreeing here. I love the idea of using sparks to support our partners, but in a busy chat it's basically impossible to actually read the chat amongst all the stickers and gifs. I can barely last 30 seconds in some chats from all the visual clutter. All I ask is a way to disable them on my end.

Ponomar is upset that his free influence farm stream has people getting in the way of his tyrannical chat by using harmless stickers. As if there was anything good in the chat worth reading anyways.

Glad Mixer team is aware of the issue and is working on allowing streamers to have control over their chat environment.
        I'm putting in my vote for allowing both animations AND stickers to be disabled both for the whole stream and for individual viewers.
        It's hard enough to keep up with active chats without half the screen consumed by sticker-fest.

• EldarMu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been a bit of a mess as a chat mod in the last week or so in a room where we're actually trying to talk to one another

• Jenn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem is the moron named Ponomar and his nut job moderators (especially his butt buddy Jack) get really butt hurt over people using the stickers in chat. Mixer needs to close down Ponomar's stream as he is an idiot who allows a ton of FH glitch talk to happen in his room. He is the one who is behind this petition.

• Joe2.0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do this soon. Stickers, animations, and GIFs that take up half the screen are incredibly obnoxious. It’s hard enough to read without all that extra ****. These things would work in a small group of like 5 but not in a group of 3000+ randos using them freely. Should we go back to twitch?

• Alma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add an option to remove stickers/animations/gifs permanently. All the stickers and animations get in the way. The chat has become super annoying with this feature.

• BAHD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this option they are a real eye soreand just spammy in the chat and dont really do anything for non-partnered streamers

• WorstPubgPlayerEver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah its hard to enjoy streams now when all you see is Sticker, sticker, sticker sticker, do you play fornite, sticker sticker sticker, pubg or black ops, sticker, sticker sticker sticker, Hi how are you! sticker sticker sticker, fireworks, sticker, sticker sticker, dead whale, sticker sticker.

• Aaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These chat "skills" make chat messy and very twitch like. Lousy conversation and emoji spam overriding everything.

Not saying they need removal but a streamer option to global disable for a stream would be important. Some streams they may be a fit, others don't want animated fluff making conversation hard to follow.

Now that the children have hopefully moved on, I agree completely with HoffyWraith. I've been on some Mixer streams in the last 24 hours and it's a complete mess with the stickers and animations. It was impossible to read the conversation, please give streamers the option to disable them if they want, especially if they're not partnered- people are just wasting their sparks where they could be helping partnered streamers in theirs.

• HoffyWraith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If it were a stream with approximately 100 viewers, the skills wouldn't be that bad. When you get upwards of 5,000 viewers, chat can not take place when a block the size of 3 lines of chat appears repeatedly on top of stupid animations that cover the rest of chat. It should be an option on the streamer's end to disable the skill animations 100%

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base