Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Retroactive Payout for Sparks for New Partners

The new Season 2 update allows for Mixer partners to be payed out for sparks spent on Skills and MixPlay on their channels, essentially turning sparks into a real money currency.

As a non partnered streamer on Mixer who focuses heavily on my MixPlay board, I now feel guilty about having my buttons cost sparks since it will essentially be like throwing money away.

There should be a feature where starting from the launch of Season 2, any sparks spent on non partnered streams are "banked" and if/when the streamer gets partnered, they would receive a payout based on how many sparks have been spent on their channel during that time.

Even if it's at a reduced rate compared to sparks being spent on current partners (ie: 100k sparks = $10 for current partners and 100k sparks = $5 upon reaching partnership)

This way it doesn't feel like burning money when spending sparks on non partnered channels.

55 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Funyyunz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Zack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This "bank" system where Sparks are stored needs to be added asap, I don't want my viewers wasting Sparks on me if I can't keep them, they're already generous enough to donate them. I don't want to see the Sparks they earned thrown down a wishing well to nothing. There has to be a storage system for new streamers until they hit partnership.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that I agree that reduced retroactive maybe even with up and coming streamers getting a higher rate and regular ones an even lower rate such as a percentage..maybe a sliding scale... is a great idea ..so that people will actually use skills and visit nonpartner streamers..as well and use skills too..just an idea..

• BVR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While this idea is good, the problem we are forgetting is that Sparks don't actually equal money. As partners hit milestones they get different payouts. There is not a Spark to dollar conversion because of this.
        Also at the end of the 7 days the milestones are reset and if they were sitting in between milestone those "extra" sparks are gone.

• Jude Salmon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I dig this idea. I personally feel this make the interactive board useless for non-partners and has FORCED me to reduce my spark cost to 0.
        Not that I am complaining about THAT, I would just like to see sparks being able to benefit not ONLY partners, shoot even if you're a non-partner with "x' amount of followers or other criteria met and 100 sparks = $1 I could get behind that.

GGs to the Mixer team though!

PS still waiting on advancement in the Clip department ;P

• KensonPlays commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be nice. I would probably have to reduce my spark costs to like 5 sparks or less if this doesn't happen.

• HoosierBoy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the direction you're going, but until something like this is implemented, I think it might be best if non-partners make most (if not all) of their buttons cost 0 sparks. That way there isn't anything discouraging users from using your interactions. With the ability to put buttons on timers, and add thresholds to buttons to kick them off (meaning it takes x number of clicks to activate the button, instead of just 1), there are other ways to control interactions and their access besides using sparks.

Nice idea though. Anything that supports new partners, community interaction, and incentive to improve has my support.

• Travesty Live commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love this idea. Smaller streamers are supported and given incentive to keep grinding toward success.

Feedback and Knowledge Base