Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Mod Accountability

Moderator punishments are currently anonymous: Although it's posed no problem in the stream I moderate, this allows no accountability to a moderator's punishment which can allow one to go rogue at any point in time with no way of checking who is deleting messages. With a chat log, timeouts and bans can be monitored since those are commands, but it'd be best if a small message popped up in all chats for the streamer at least, if not the other moderators as well. This would allow moderators to be immediately responsible for people they timeout/ban and for messages they delete.

5 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Adyson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AXExMANxACE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is an awesome idea and one I can definitely relate with. Many times a mod starts deleting comments that do not need to be deleted and the streamer has no way to know who it was. There are also moderators who are taking the credit of other mods to make it sound as if they are the only ones doing anything in an effort to earn partisan from the streamer. I would implore mixer to add in brackets when something is deleted/purged/TimedOut/banned similar to the "removed by cat bot" feature for when something is removed. This would allow the streamer to see who did what and hold the mods accountable for their actions. Streamers need a way to sniff out and find their dishonest moderators.

Feedback and Knowledge Base