Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Remove AFK Forza Farming Streams / Suspend Accounts

Mixer needs to add something in their ToS to stop AFK Farming Streams (Forza AFK Farming Streams). The Forza AFK Farming Streams are not helping the Streamers who are actually streaming the game properly and not really helping the platform.

27 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

BAHD shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Cory Heinecke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lol. Turn10 and Mixer partnered for supporting FH4 Mixer Influence in streams. They motivated and incentivized AFK streams. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

• Matthew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

whoever made this is mixer feedback is jealous, I am a sheep supporter and I don't approve of banning afk farm streams

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's nothing wrong with AFK streamers. If you can't compete with them, then maybe you suck as a content provider.

• Lucky 13 X, aka Anonymous member /jk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Down grade their popularity when there is no active input coming from the streamer's Xbox controller or PC keyboard indicating a game being played, but DO NOT suspend or ban these folks for just making a game & community more enjoyable. That's just silly. - Lucky 13 X

• Skyler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about just not featuring the Influence Farms and people who want these will find them? That way it doesn't come back on Mixer as kicking off a person actually using the app correctly, they may not like the fact of not being featured, but they need to realize if they are solely getting followers off of Influence streams they more than likely won't last as a lasting member of the mixer community. Just an idea, and I may not know all the in's and outs of how this works so forgive me if I am wrong with my info!

• Valsis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I 100% agree with this but I will add a little bit more insight on the situation.

While the idea of earning influence while watching Forza Horizon streams was a brilliant idea, the execution once again is being poorly managed.

Why do I say this? It's simple.
        Having more than a handful of streamers just having a looped segment of the game rolling in their streams is a complete slap in the face to those who are actually playing the game.

Like I mentioned in one of my Twitter rants, and I quote:
        "On the topic of #ForzaHorizon4 Influence on @WatchMixer

It's perfectly fine if you want to get Influence to rank up faster, unlock new items and experiences by watching streams.

Just keep one thing in mind, there's plenty of streamers out there actually providing content about this particular game and actually playing it and have fun with their audience and communities.

Instead of going to a stream where all you have is a looped scene and literally nothing else, remember... There's a plethora of streamers who are actually playing the game and interacting with their audience where you can also get Influence from.

Go out there and find those streamers. Be part of their communities... get involved and get to know them. Isn't interaction and getting to know new people better than watching a looped scene?"

So with this, I 100% agree that AFK forza Farming Streams should be suspended, not only for being AFK but also for not providing any content to begin with.

• mr_olr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's toxic and should be banned. How can any streaming platform allow the top 10 streams to be full of afk FH4 streams, kind of makes the platform look like a joke.

Feedback and Knowledge Base