Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Capability to modify bitrate on Mixer Xbox app for streaming.

Currently when you stream to Mixer via your Xbox, you don't have control over your bitrate. Recently I tested the Twitch app on Xbox and was able to modify the bitrate to accomodate what worked best for my stream. Think this would be a great addition to have the capability to modify such thing on the Mixer App on Xbox. Even the stream resolution would be nice touch as well. The other options like mic and audio are already present. Here's what the options are from the other app.

37 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

MooseyGeek shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Silent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I agree I can’t even use mixer it lags way to much. With twitch I can dial my setting in to get the best quality and performance.

• UnmaskedIRQ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is extremely important for games like BLOPS4. I have an xb1x and gigabit, but streaming this game specifically makes the game lag occasionally in multiplayer and unplayable on blackout. If I add if I add in Xbox Live party chat, multiplayer is basically unplayable as well.

To experiment, I streamed the same content to Twitch with a 4500 bitrate and 1080p resolution, and it was smooooooooth.

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. I feel that mixer should have selectable bitrate, because depending on someone’s connection and how bad “bufferbloat” can get, the “auto adjustment” mixer makes is more of a hinderance. I’ve noticed a trend with space games as well. It seems like whenever mixer sees the stars flying by in elite dangerous or no mans sky for example, it’s almost as if it recognizes stars or particles as packet loss, and trys to adjust the stream constantly, turning it into a low resolution buffer party. Please find a way to either adjust the packet loss detection or allow us to choose our own suitable bitrate. You could even add an option to where someone would be able to use manual or auto bitrate, so that way we don’t leave out people who don’t know their connections vs people who DO know their connections.

Feedback and Knowledge Base