Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Hello everyone, I think that lightstream mixer studio should be free for everyone and not just mixer pro members or people with partnerships

Hello everyone, I think that lightstream mixer studio should be free for everyone and not just mixer pro members or people with partnerships, it isn't fair because most people don't have a partnership or have mixer pro. I think it would make stronger communities and more people would stream. Also smaller steamers like me would be able to make higher quality streams.

47 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Joseph Simpson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Brandon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bear in mind to those who read this - Lightstream is FREE, but getting the Mixer integration IS NOT FREE.

This definitely should be free, it gives a lot of newly experienced streamers access to create and build overlays for the watchers. Why do we need this??? We need this because the overlays and pretty designs GRAB peoples attention - think of it as advertising your channel, grabbing an unknown attention for 5 minutes with a potential chance of gaining a new follower.
    Without it being free to the people who are interested in broadcasting their channels- it is still making it difficult for new streamers to gain followers and look good.
    With it being free to mixer partners and pro's, majority of them already use overlays and other services to help them in this matter so it is technically just another option in which a "paid" streamer has access to.
    Currently this is only an option for again, anyone who pays for Mixer Pro at £7.99 a month, or the Mixer Pro's that don't pay because they already qualify for the Mixer Pro legibilty which includes the following requirements: Minimum requirements:

Your account must be at least 2 months old
    You must have at least 2,000 followers
    You must stream at least 12 unique days per month
    You must stream at least 25 hours per month
    You must be at least the age of majority for your region or territory.
    You must be following the Terms of Service and Rules of User Conduct....

So now you can see there is still currently NO easy way or FREE way for a new streamer to increase their followers gain or promote their channel with brighter colours.
    This is why it should be free, it minimises the requirements from what is above, down to only making a bit of effort: customising your own stream using the edge browser on the xbox or even your mobile device - No computer or capture card is needed for a mixer and lightstream integration. Not only access outside of Pro and Partnerships is important, it is important it is free, Lightstream do not charge anything for this, mixer charges for the integration. It's fair you need to make money on a fairly new service, however it looks like a service that will not fail considering it is lightstream that is providing the service to mixer. TAKE NOTE: Lightstream and Mixer are seperate! It is Mixer that charges for the integration! Don't be money grabbing for too long otherwise people will think that is actually why you're doing this.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It should be free so that me as a smaller streamers like me should be able to have higher quality streams without having to pay 8 bucks.

• HollyWoodRenna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think thats is true, it will help all streamers. Mixer feedback i hope you can read our feedbacks on this

• Justin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A 7.99 membership fee comes out to just under $100 a year. You can buy a capture card for about that price and then use that from you console to a computer(a cheap one too) and use a free program to do all of this. Mixer and lightstream need to step up there game because those pro members and partners arent using things like this. this should be for the upcoming streams not for the already partnered streams. and after a year of being in beta, kind of seems like a scam if you ask me.

I dont get why this isnt free yet. Its been in "beta" for like a year now. its time to realease it. or at least lets us publicly test it for free. its the point of the software isnt it. to give people who dont have the money a chance to stream with overlays and such.

• flavio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

sii la verdad por que hay personas como yo que queremos empezar como stremers y como que se limita mucho

Yes please! We all don’t have the $$$ to be able to afford a elgato or pc or such... for a better streaming experience so this would be AWESOME!!!

• Christopher Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it would be amazing for people streaming Directly from the Xbox to have the same Stream customization that a PC Streamer would have. Not only could we personalize our streams more and make them more custom to our games and liking's but be able to make our streams have a more professional look. Mixer should also look into making this free and open it to the public because it would be something that would be different and make people choose Streaming on mixer rather than Twitch or another platform simply because of the Customization that would be open for all users to play around with.

• Monica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

so its almost a year since this was offered. Lightstream should be available for everyone not just pro members or partners. Console players want to stream with creative pages too.

• Aiden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi When i go online on mixer it says im offline. on lightstream though it says im offline so please help when u can

• Sketchy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel this is in the works. It's currently available for Pro/Partner as a preview/beta phase and then it'd be rolled out to everyone else in the future.

Feedback and Knowledge Base