Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Different Featured Tabs for Paid Slots/Companies and Streamers

In the past few months, I've noticed that Featured slots are more often than not taken by companies than actual streamers. Realm Royale, for example, took up a featured slot every day for weeks. Mix that semi-permanent slot with other events/games and it can take up almost the entire featured carousel. These observations come not too long after the changes to the featured algorithm that were supposed to greatly improve the chances of a streamer being featured. Having these featured slots taken up, and for such a long time, hurt the exposure and possibilities for streamers trying to grow.

If possible, two different tabs or featured carousels would be great - especially as Mixer grows and becomes more popular in the industry. One for streamers that works how it should currently and another for "Industry Events" or a snappier title.

I believe this could help both everyone involved, streamers who would have more opportunities to grow and companies who would have their own section that would allow for more events/streams to be shown.

73 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ulti shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ToeBlarone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have found that in the afternoon ET, it is only sponsored and paid companies. That's five slots that could be used by up and coming streamers who now do not get the coverage they need to grow.

Maybe focusing more on the community than the money they have coming in would be a better use of resources. And would do a lot more to promote the platform.

• TroyT84 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree, just recently a lot of the spots on the featured tab are all either studios or companies who have paid to be on the front page. Especially during high traffic hours. It would be nice to see these separated and streamers who are doing well rewarded like they use to be with a featured slot for the hour at a time and see the companies/game studios who pay rewarded on their own featured board for helping the community by putting money into mixer.

• Blest commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was going to say this but only have paided featured only pinned the the games they are playing

• RevDragonus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have recently addressed this with a couple staff members. I agree 110% with everything stated here. Having said that i would like to piggyback ideas onto this.

The separation of "party partners" or "Gaming Company Partners" from the general community is an important step in the right direction for the community as a whole. maybe instead of just 1 featured carousel, there be a partners featured and general featured. This way the "party partners" and Mixer partners get a carousel in which mixer and the partners can get together and request time slots for featured slots to better reward them for what they have accomplished and these slots dont have to have set limits of length. Simply put if a partner isnt live when his or her time begins, the previous person can stay featured etc.

Then there should be the general featured carousel where partners and and non partners alike can be featured with the current algorithm of 1 hour time slots on a 8 day cooldown so that a wider variety of streamers can get exposure.

With this division of between partner and non partners, it greatly promotes everyone as originally intended (which was a brilliant addition to mixer) BUT it is an additional reward to those streamers who worked long and hard hours to become Mixer partners as well as the continuing work they do afterwards to grow their communities, promote mixer and add to the over all community in which we all love and are proud to be a part of. i really hope everyone upvotes this idea to the top of the list and thank you for taking the time to read my additional ideas with the above original idea.

Feedback and Knowledge Base