Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Need "Retro" category.

We need a category for "Retro" rather than "Other" so it's much easier to be discovered for Retro gaming.

273 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ryan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Amerika commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello!

It would be nice if Mixer had categories that you could set while also still being able to set a game. Currently, Twitch, lets you set a category but all they did was create a new game and called it a category. So, in my specific case, I can set my game as Retro but then I can't actually set the game title that I am playing It would be great for people who want to find Retro games to be able to sub to a category and discover streamers that way rather than through VERY random old games.

But I'd still take just a Retro Gaming category in the game list! This applies to lots of other stuff like Speedrunning as well.

Thank you for your time!

• Amerika commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I actually just went looking for a Retro category on Mixer. That's what lead me to this post and finding out that there isn't categories on Mixer which is kind of a bummer.

• Valsis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a good category to have in the platform as there's already many games that have that exact vibe that would fit in it.

However, a category section would have to be created for this to take place as, right now, Mixer has a game list and not a category list.

I still think this would be a good thing for the platform, having both game list options and categories.

• Michael King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't get it to stream at all. It says on my phone app offline even though it says it's streaming in the game on XB1

• Jay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allows viewers to discover new Retro games, allows streamers to stream to a wider audience. Twitch has this category, and it seems to work fairly well. I enjoy being able to play and stream a variety of old games, including a few arcade cabinets that we've purchased over the years.

Thanks for reading,

Feedback and Knowledge Base