Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Minimum Suspension Times

I propose that Mixer implement time spans on suspensions for rule-breaking in a similar fashion to other platforms with a minimum suspension of time of 24 hours.

This will make it more clear cut on how long a user will be suspended at minimum for breaking Mixer's rules

(I am aware some violations may require longer but feel this should be a minimum)

57 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Atrocity shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Valsis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since the Beam days that Suspensions have always been able to be appealed and, if worded correctly, you might have your suspension lifted right away.

If not, you will be suspended for an X amount of time however Guardians are not forced to tell you for how long you'll be suspended as each suspension/ban will be at the Guardians discretion.

it's stated in the zendesk every single step you have to take to make a proper suspension/ban appeal. If you do it right, you're all set to have your account back in no time.

The Suspension time already exists. It's simply not disclosed publicly as it all depends on the case and each case is unique.

The Ban well, it's self explanatory. You're banned. Almost 100% sure there's no turning back from that.

• Truth Hurts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes the current system is a joke. I was partnered , and suspended on Mar 3rd . Suspended would lead you to believe it was temporary. I requested a timeline on Mar 21st , I wasnt told until JUNE 27th that my suspension is now magically permanent . Why call it a suspension a suspension , or in Mar tell me I WASNT banned. Instead I had false hope for months just to have it flushed down the toilet today, cuz I didn't even kno they responded 3 months later. Another thing call me crazy , but I dont think partners should ever be allowed to be a staff memeber, or a guardian member, or in control of punishing creators . Cuz if party A , doesn't like party B , and is charge of the creators fate that is clearly a conflict of intrest. Guess what your staff have cliques with other partners …. Shocking

• Atrocity commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@hades2824 What I am asking for has nothing to do with that. The rules apply for everyone and I would be suspended for showing cleavage as well because it falls under the streamer clothing rules of the site, I just feel we should have something uniform as a minimum (not a maximum) for anyone who breaks our terms of service

• Hades2824 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel women are unjustly suspended due to how they dress as long as the nipples are covered like ninja_tease who was unjustly suspended because she showed cleavage I feel mixer staff are sexist towards women and the men are allowed to dress and do whatever they want. I am very disappointed in mixer policy towards women prove me wrong mixer unsuspend ninja_tease

• MrJDucky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of those things you'd expect to actually be a thing. I'm totally surprised it isn't. What do they currently do? Just throw a random number and hope for the best?

• Jesper Driessen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a partner who received a suspension and did not know if he was able to return to streaming at all until after 48 hours... I support this!
        As many people have seen, there was a stream on the frontpage that was blatantly showing nipples & got suspended but was back within 5 minutes.
        A minimal suspension time would give both the caster and the Mixer team time to properly evaluate, educate and make decisions.

Feedback and Knowledge Base