Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Mod chat tab

Create a Mod/Streamer chat tab so Mods can discuss things in privacy without having to whisper. This tab could also report who gets banned and timed out.

I imagine that this could be shown similar to how you show the hosted stream tab/chat. I have attached a quick mock-up of the tab idea.

I think this could have a huge impact in helping Mods stay on top of things, and could help in tracking and reporting issues during the stream.

323 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

DeviantDesign shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • concealedvoodoo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I always thought Mixer should have something similar to this. If mod tab added, at least have it where the mod tab will "blink" when new mod/streamer messages arrive. Also whispers in main chat... would be nice to have a notification sound come thru so whispers arent missed.

• spar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea to avoid having to whisper and have that get lost in chat.. plus all other mods + streamer can see it as well and everyone knows what's going on.

• mr-pink commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this would be so handy...as a mod for a partner female...and with several mods...it gets confusing when we are whispering....the side tab is a good ideal.

• JanesManyTrades commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is a great idea especially to avoid failed whispers or even missing whispers during busy times where hosts/raids or hypezone activity can push messages too far up that it is no longer visible. A separate tab I think would be great especially if a new mod jumps in to help, they could see what's been happening in the Mod Chat tab & stay in the know.

• Rorifett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea, especially as whispers are unreliable often enough to not merit using them every time.

• orbitJUICE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a "nice" thing to have. Not a necessary thing to have. I can't think of a streamer who doesn't have a Discord server. There could be a text channel in there which would modes could use.

IMHO, i think it would be better to see development resource put towards features that are not so easily solved (e.g. a clip feature)

• bigtk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how about the ability to whisper to all mods and streamer at the same time in the regular chat? with /w @mods or something like that?

• S1D3WYZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

downside: going away from main chat to post/read mod chat could take away from monitoring / reacting to main chat in a timely manner. still think its a good idea though in general! Many channels I mod for we use discord (text &/or voice) which can go over the video portion while keeping channel chat visible

• Rich Alix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is a great idea! Multiple mods in a busy stream can get overwhelmed and with only whispers it can be tough to work together. This would make the mods a team all the time.

Feedback and Knowledge Base