Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Mod chat tab

Create a Mod/Streamer chat tab so Mods can discuss things in privacy without having to whisper. This tab could also report who gets banned and timed out.

I imagine that this could be shown similar to how you show the hosted stream tab/chat. I have attached a quick mock-up of the tab idea.

I think this could have a huge impact in helping Mods stay on top of things, and could help in tracking and reporting issues during the stream.

208 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

DeviantDesign shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • spar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea to avoid having to whisper and have that get lost in chat.. plus all other mods + streamer can see it as well and everyone knows what's going on.

• mr-pink commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this would be so handy...as a mod for a partner female...and with several mods...it gets confusing when we are whispering....the side tab is a good ideal.

• JanesManyTrades commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is a great idea especially to avoid failed whispers or even missing whispers during busy times where hosts/raids or hypezone activity can push messages too far up that it is no longer visible. A separate tab I think would be great especially if a new mod jumps in to help, they could see what's been happening in the Mod Chat tab & stay in the know.

• Rorifett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea, especially as whispers are unreliable often enough to not merit using them every time.

• orbitJUICE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a "nice" thing to have. Not a necessary thing to have. I can't think of a streamer who doesn't have a Discord server. There could be a text channel in there which would modes could use.

IMHO, i think it would be better to see development resource put towards features that are not so easily solved (e.g. a clip feature)

• bigtk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how about the ability to whisper to all mods and streamer at the same time in the regular chat? with /w @mods or something like that?

• S1D3WYZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

downside: going away from main chat to post/read mod chat could take away from monitoring / reacting to main chat in a timely manner. still think its a good idea though in general! Many channels I mod for we use discord (text &/or voice) which can go over the video portion while keeping channel chat visible

• Rich Alix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is a great idea! Multiple mods in a busy stream can get overwhelmed and with only whispers it can be tough to work together. This would make the mods a team all the time.

Feedback and Knowledge Base