Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

New Release Spoilers Inc Cinema Releases.

I've seen this posted here already back in 2016 but I do feel this needs to be addressed. The idea of someone coming into someone else's chat/community to purposely spoil the ending of the new release they are working through or going out of they way to post movie spoilers on the latest Cinema releases irritates me completely.

I do understand that Mixer have their features that allow someone to purge/clear chat or even ban the person who comes into the chat but I feel at this point it's too late. The damage has been done and ether the streamer/mods or some of the chat could have seen the written spoiler that was posted. I feel there should be a SPOILER FREE slider tab that streamers can click to apply that warns people who enter the channel that this is a SPOILER FREE zone. Also giving them full warnings that if they continue to post spoilers in the chat will result in account suspension or termination.

When it comes down to how passionate people are with the latest releases with ether games or movies to have this taken away by someone who has nothing better to do is a killing blow. All I ask is something that can be put in place to alert the viewer coming into the stream that they and the community won't accept anyone trying to spoil and take away the experience of seeing it for themselves.

54 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Atticgaming86 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anthony Morgan Roberts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While I hate a spoiler troll, I have a dark sense of humor. Just imagine: "I know a way to get people all riled up, by just saying 5 words...PATRICK SWAYZE DIES IN GHOST!!!" I mean some are obvious, but endings to cliffhanger shows and movies...not cool people.

• Susan Larkin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate the fact that this has to be a thing. You think people would have more respect for people who havent seen the movie or played the games

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A Way Out and Infinity War both spoiled for me recently. That's just 2 out of many games and movies that have been spoiled. People tell me it's just a part of streaming and we should just live with it. I say no, something can be done to help streamers out. I know there is no 100% solution to this, but I think there is a way to prevent it from happening as often

• KensonPlays commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please. I have a notice at the top of my description mentioning don't spoil new movies.

Feedback and Knowledge Base