Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

IRL / Webshow Policies

Have stricter guidance/rules on the intent and purpose of IRL streams and/or web shows.
There was a rather controversial stream recently that many of us felt breached ToS.

Links to adult content and the focus of the stream being the streamers body and donations for posing, dancing or otherwise inappropriate behaviour is not something I come to expect to see on Mixer.

Especially with many children being able to easily access this content.

73 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ToothAndNail shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • mitori commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It has the policies in place. It was disgraceful how both sides handled the situation: mixer should've stopped the stream AND NOT PUT IT ON THE FRONT PAGE ARE YOU F'ING KIDDING ME??? and talked to the streamer, not outright banning the account like twitch did. twitch issues a lot of false bans because of this approach. everyone deserves a second chance, just like mixer's rules of conduct state. twitch did not get it right, nor did mixer, nor did the community. community needs to chill with its way too puritan views. I agree that it should not be on mixer, but it's not a reason to start a witch hunt. If she wants to stream - let her as long as she's adhering to the rules, and if she breaks them a second time, she's out.
        so, tl;dr

1. twitch didn't do it right - banning with no talking and trying to understand is f'd up
        2. mixer didn't do it right - didn't do anything until way too late.
        3. community didn't do it right - started a witch hunt where none was due. (witch hunts are never due). also way too rejecting of ***. relax, it's fun.

• BAHD_Cosplayer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just like to add. I messaged Mixer about 10 times of how the person broke T&S with image evidence. nope i got generic messages off them and yet Twitch has already removed their account for breaking the ToS. The worst thing of it all is one of the staff members of Mixer was watching this and enjoying it!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We didn't feel it breached ToS, it did.

You cannot promote "****** content" on Mixer, and that's what was happening.

I just don't understand how Twitch saw that, but Mixer did not.

Very disappointed, to the point I've been debating deleting my account and going else where.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How does someone accepting donations whilst posing for a camera promote Mixer as a serious content streaming platform, and deliver a positive experience when it has no censorship controls.

You cannot control the age of people viewing streams, therefore you need to restrict anything of a provocative nature be this ******, political, religious or other nature.

Taken from ToS
        4. User Conduct and Content

4.1. The mission of Microsoft is to provide the best platform available for live video streaming of content created by the community at large. To achieve this goal, Microsoft asks that all users conduct themselves, including to post content, in a way that promotes positive experiences for all users.

• JustKyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

100% Agree. The fact that twitch actually took action on the same thing. Mixer NEEDS to fix this.

• UrFace commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allowing content like that to happen is a smack in the face to all of the hard working people on this platform.

• GDX Smokey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree 100% with this post. Please have stricter rules put in place for IRL/webshows! What if the streamer in question gets put on the featured area on the xbox "Mixer" tab? a lot of kids as young as 7 can be exposed to seeing such things, which then looks bad on Mixer and Microsoft's part for not taking better measures and precautions to protect our children from seeing such content.

Feedback and Knowledge Base