Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Display Offline Streamers Hosting

Hosting is only relative on Mixer when you have viewers in your channel. Of your followed offline streamers there's no place to view a list who's being hosted by the streamers you follow.

There currently isn't any accessible way to see if streamers you follow are hosting anyone; as it requires viewers to go directly to the streamer's stream first - but when they're offline it doesn't show in a section anywhere that they're hosting.

Comparatively, on Twitch: hosted streamers is very accessible, as it's clearly laid out in a subsection of Following/Live.

TLDR; Display a list of followed offline streamers who are hosting

58 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

CupcakesBro shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jobobio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mixer does so many things better than Twitch, but this is the biggest thing I would like to see brought over in some way. I have a great core group of people that I game and stream with and I know they host people that I haven't watched before. Having any kind of notification that they are hosting someone would a great way to branch out. It gives me confidence that the person I watching is good if someone I already watch is hosting them.

• CupcakesBro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@CatchMeTV you're a little turned around by what I'm suggesting.

The scenario:
    - I'm following you, you're offline and hosting someone
    - I view my followed streamers list; you're shown as offline, same as someone who is offline and not hosting - but you are hosting someone.
    - We have no way of knowing you're hosting because there is no differentiation - unless I actually go to your page (but the normal Mixer viewer follows way too many streamers to realistically do this every day)

• CupcakesBro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is already a thing for channels such as Channel One or any of the Hypezones,

They're all currently offline, but they're showing up as online while hosting someone - it can't be that much more different to enable this for other accounts.

• GrindWorksBMX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Great way to discover new users too. It seems like an oversight for the streamer to show "offline", not "hosting", when hosting. At that point, it isn't actually relevant whether the user is on or offline, but rather that they are hosting.

• Haabit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes absolutely. i like to host a few streamers when im offline but realised its not actually helping as my followers don't know im hosting!

• Oak Tree commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been a part of twitch for a while and helped me discover some great streamers hosted by some of the bigger ones I followed. As a person that prefers to use Mixer for streaming, I want this so bad! To add to this, Mixer can add a hosted section that will put them in the order of who is most hosted to least. This can help us find streams that might not be hosted by people we follow! :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base