Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Mixer affiliate program to rival Twitch

I would like to say how disappointed I am that some of my favorite streamers are leaving mixer for twitch, however upon talking to them, the twitch affiliate program is a very common reason. I think it's time Mixer has one of their own.

This would allow streamers to work towards a middle ground, unlocking the sub button and potentially getting 1 custom emote so viewers are also rewarded. Upon doing this I could understand requirement for partner potentially going up to 1,000 followers while the affiliate program requires 500, and instead of affiliate call it Mixer buddies, Mixer Arc, or something to differentiate it from Twitch.

Not only does this allow streamers to feel like they can achieve goals in a step by step climb, but also the Twitch streamers who are on the fence due to the lack of this 1 feature would feel more inclined to make the switch or come back if they were here before.

If this idea is considered I can even break it down even more on how this can be a success for both streamers and mixer themselves. Thank you for the consideration!

170 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Subject117 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here is an Idea. How about just a badge system. Once you hit milestones get a badge that hangs on your tittle screen or something. has limited meaning and you still feel like you accomplished something. Yes, affiliated system would be horrible.

• Subject117 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I fee like an affiliate on twitch is a nobody. while the 2k requirement on mixer is harder to obtain, and means more to the person striving for that. Mixer streamers appreciate their followers more creating a better customer service. Im proud to have the few followers I have and love when they drop in. I am not just giving face service.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I left twitch because of the affiliate program. It puts pressure on streamers to grow.

• caspergaming commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please No, by putting in a program like this you slap all the partners in the face with all the hard work they have put into making their communities and brands. A program like this is not needed if those wish to have a sub button help them grow and give them the tools. Put the work in and try and with hard work comes success affiliate programs don't show hard work they show the opposite.

• Celtic Surfer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, absolutely do not create an Affiliate program on Mixer. I feel like the Affiliate program on Twitch only muddied the waters and made the perks of being a partner watered down.

• RedLaceGaming commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not feel an Affiliate program would be beneficial to Mixer. I was on Twitch previously where the Affiliate program is in place and did not enjoy it as a streamer, and it also causes confusion among viewers with who is a Partner and who is an Affiliate (since the 'Sub Button' is usually the indicator).

Reaching for Partner status and striving to be a great streamer is something that should be difficult, something you work hard for, and something that takes some time. You have to earn it, nothing good comes easy. Having an affiliate program, I feel like it takes some of that magic away from Partners too who have worked hard and have earned their place as a Partner.

• Valsis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I personally do not agree with an Affiliate Program on Mixer.

That will make Mixer another Twitch platform and Mixer exists to be different and unique.

Personally I think that an Affiliation Program is a way to celebrate mediocrity and weariness with no goals to be achieved what so ever.

It makes all of those who actually put hours of work into reaching actual goals look like fools when affiliation would hand the same perks for no goals at all.

You either work to reach the Partnership goals or you don't. That is something only you can achieve. If you can't reach Partnership goals I would have to say you're not fit to represent the platform and the brand as is.

After all, this is all business and, if you can reach minimum goals like the Partnership ones, you're not fit to be an official representative of the platform.

• ComfyGamer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The idea of a Mixer Affiate program is extremely shortsighted. Many people have left twitch because of their affiliate program and the consequence should of it. Adding a program like this will cut the legs out from lower level partners. Twitch could almost get away with it due to having a larger following, but mixer is still small and adding this will slow that growth if not halt it altogether. I love this community and I don’t want it to end up like twitch.

• Fefinator commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Noooo. The affiliate problem completely devalues the partnership program. One of the reasons I did NOT want to stream on twitch was the affiliate program. Many streamers feel the same way. The affiliate program is for hobbyist who want to make money. The partner program is for real entertainers.

• Todd Foster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A lot of ppl on here are focused on the effect twitch had with affiliates.... yes there's always bad with good but honestly I guarantee it brought more small streamers to the platform than ever. Most ppl on here are focused on competition but your missing what people want.... people want to be able to reach goals other than followers. We want to get milestones that SHOW... personally the partner thing confuses me...I've seen people get partner at 2k followers and they don't even have many concurrent views... maybe 10 or 15 most days.... I feel like that's where affiliates should be... but at the same time I think if you want to sub to any channel you should be able to... maybe make emotes partner exclusive but let ppl earn a sub button at some point... i in no way want all partner like benefits right away but give us something....

• nostologic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No. I literally left twitch and ditched a ton of twitch fanboys purely because of the affiliate program and how much it inhibited not only my growth, but the growth of so many people. That clause for exclusivity was TERRIBLE.

• Zlatko Dusper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If mixer does affiliate , and they should , if they allowed for quality settings for all affiliates to always display 720p,480, etc unlike twitch which is not guaranteed for affiliates only partners, then it would be huge. I personally would go full time mixer if they bring out an affiliated status.

• Ross McDougall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Disagree. The Affiliate system serves only two purposes - increased revenue for Twitch and a platform exclusivity agreement, to stifle platform competition.

You would be better off asking your community to support you via donations where you keep the lions share, up until you have the numbers required for Mixer Partnership (which we can all agree are much smaller than Twitches partnership targets)

I cancelled my affiliate and came back to Mixer because I did not want to support the platform exclusivity. Affiliate literally changed nothing for me and I simply saw it as a technique to reduce competition for them with other platforms. It was not customer centric.

• orbitJUICE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I disagree, and strongly.

As the OP stated:
        "some of my favorite streamers are leaving mixer for twitch, however upon talking to them, the twitch affiliate program is a very common reason."

The affiliate agreement has an exclusivity clause. This means your content is exclusive to Twitch. You can't restream to multiple platforms simultaneously and you can't share content (e.g. upload a clip, VoD, etc to facebook or Youtube) until 24 hours AFTER your stream ends.

By using a sub button and a handful of emotes as bait, Twitch lured 125k+ people into a program designed to hamstring the growth of other platforms and lure content creators away from them.

Let's not have Mixer become more like Twitch.

That'd be great.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to disagree with the post about having to play the two big games to get noticed. I personally know variety streamers who play any game they can get their hands on from retro to single player campaign games with a small bit of pubg here and there but not being the main focus of the channel and that being the game that brings in lower followers than the other games they play.one of my favourite streamers plays games and switches them every hour or so and has held 90 viewers while they played I am bread it's all about building and mixer has many things like the up and coming page,featured and so on that help small streamers if they work with them to their advantage.

• ax3 (mixer.com/ax3) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jesus Mixer I'm begging you to accept this idea. 1k+ followers, top 2.3k biggest mixer streamers of all time, and nope, no partnership. I just want to provide more content to my audience with emotes and other things. Please try out an affiliate type idea. +1 this idea!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base