Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Mixer affiliate program to rival Twitch

I would like to say how disappointed I am that some of my favorite streamers are leaving mixer for twitch, however upon talking to them, the twitch affiliate program is a very common reason. I think it's time Mixer has one of their own.

This would allow streamers to work towards a middle ground, unlocking the sub button and potentially getting 1 custom emote so viewers are also rewarded. Upon doing this I could understand requirement for partner potentially going up to 1,000 followers while the affiliate program requires 500, and instead of affiliate call it Mixer buddies, Mixer Arc, or something to differentiate it from Twitch.

Not only does this allow streamers to feel like they can achieve goals in a step by step climb, but also the Twitch streamers who are on the fence due to the lack of this 1 feature would feel more inclined to make the switch or come back if they were here before.

If this idea is considered I can even break it down even more on how this can be a success for both streamers and mixer themselves. Thank you for the consideration!

36 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Spyweb84 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used to stream on Twitch a couple years ago and made a little headway. Personally, I came to Mixer to try a ground up approach to build an audience, but looking at the general numbers to be considered for Mixer partnership, it is going to be difficult to achieve for some time. I accept the challenge to produce quality streams for a consistent time, but feel based upon concurrent viewership Mixer wide, that these numbers should be lowered OR create a type of affiliate program. Why be forced to create a Patreon or other subscription option in the meantime where Mixer gets NO cut of revenue? There needs to be a sweet spot for this issue. - Spyweb84

• ToothAndNail commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Massively disagree. Many Twitch Partners felt like they had been slapped in the face when affiliates came around. I know many Mixer partners would feel that slap too.

They worked very hard to get that button, then Mixer give one away for much lesser work?
        If you want subs there is gamewisp, patreons etc. Don't make Mixer lower it's standards because some people don't want to work to get partnership and want shortcuts!

Earn partnership and be proud! Mixer affiliates is a terrible idea for me. It would make all my efforts of trying to get to partnership levels wasted.

• Valsis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to disagree with this.

Mixer isn't in the market to copy other platforms. Like Kaptain Koffee said, and I quote "Lowering the standard doesn’t mean everyone is better or more successful. It means you just have a TON of people reaching that low standard. "

Mixer will soon have a tipping system directly bound to the streamer's Microsoft account (this was talked about in a recent Level Up Cast) so, with this, I don't see necessary any sort of affiliation program.

• Kaptain Koffee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ok, Johnny raincloud here to rain on the small streamer parade: back when twitch was smaller, you had to have 500 average viewers for a week straight in order to be eligible for partner.
        Now 50 followers and 3 average viewers gets you affiliate....
        Who’s benefiting from that? Lowering he standard doesn’t mean everyone is better or more successful. It means you just have a TON of people reaching that low standard.
        I’m affiliated, and have between 5 and 10 viewers, with a couple paid subs. Yay?
        I actually debated NOT doing the affiliate program just because it means precisely nothing. (No the 1 emote is not that cool!)

• Digital Frost commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I personally love this idea. As things stand right now unless you're playing one of the 2 most popular games on mixer it's really hard to even come close to hitting the numbers needed to apply for partner. This would give a middle ground of sorts. This could allow streamers that might one day want to apply for partner get a little experience of what it's like on that side of the fence as well. Kind of a " partner in training"if you will. This could also eliminate the need for 3rd party subscription services as well. I see this as a win/win situation. The streamer gets a chance to get a bit of a reward for all the time/effort/expense they have put into their stream and Mixer gets a kick back as well.

• Melissa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 Love this idea. I have so many twitch affiliate friends that love mixer overall but stay on twitch because they are already affiliated. I really believe this would help mixer and the smaller streamers on mixer.

Feedback and Knowledge Base