Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Mod Badge

It would be nice if channel mods could have a badge by their name like subs do indicating that they are a mod. New users and mostly xbox users have no clue what the username colors mean.

151 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

LordAres shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • HugJunkie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have seen on many occasions where new users will join a chat and be confused as to why they should listen to someone else just because their name is green, a badge no bigger than the staff badges would help mods stand out as having more authority and not just a cool color all the kids want to be.

• AXExMANxACE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I absolutely love this idea. This would definitely be more of a visual cue that the mods hold a form of leadership in the channel and from a psychological standpoint are more than just a different color in chat. Our military would be a classic example of how different badges for different levels of leadership help to maintain the order. I think it would also be a nice token of appreciation for mods that they are appreciated and have earned their stripes so to speak. I would love to see mods be recognized for their efforts, even if only in partnered streams.

• purpz 89 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i think it would be a great idea, plus it will help people who are color blind see who are mods too,plus it will get mods a homely feel to the channel they mod

• Beeyoo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is a fantastic idea! A lot of us call our mods things other than Mods. It would be cool to have custom icons we make for mods to help give each channel a unique feel. Love this!

• Cool Beans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think an actual badge means more than colors. I get asked all the time what the colors mean and no one ever seems to get it.

• Valsis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Zendesk has this article available all the time https://watchbeam.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000983766-What-do-Chat-colors-mean- specifically to let people know what colors mean in chat.

Not only that but, if they click the username in chat, they can see their roles so, having a badge would be pointless and an over-saturation of icons in chat that will only clutter space that could be used to chat.

Feedback and Knowledge Base