Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Free mixer sub with Xbox gold or game pass

Twitch has amazon prime subs.

Why can't mixer have Xbox live or specially a game pass membership where you one free sub a month to use or gift?

398 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Hiddnen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  AdminMixer Team (Admin, Mixer) responded  · 

When we announced the Microsoft acquisition, we mentioned how excited we were about the possibility of integration like this. Of course, implementing this idea will require significant thought and planning. If we were to do something like this, we’d make sure to take the time to get it right.

With that said, we don’t have any specific news to share but wanted to mention that we are open to the idea and will continue to explore.

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Hiddnen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

FYI. I 100% agree it should be a pro feature. I posted this suggestion within the first week of being on the platform.

Via Xbox live yes it could alienate PS4 / PC users... Same as game pass but also could be an addition reward for the console.

PC users can also use game pass.

To the people complaining m$ wouldn't make money... It takes money to make money. Streamers still get their full cut from prime subs. This would be the same.

Seeing someone subbed with their mixer pro sub is an advertisement for mixer pro or game pass or whatever it's connected to. Someone would buy that service just for the sub.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Noo.. this idea is bad XDD for xbox live/season pass? A lot of people will abuse it. 1) Xbox live/season pass cost way less than subbing would, Subbing being around $72 a year, Becoming pro would cost at least $100, Yearly gold? At most $60 2) Microsoft be getting 100% money, streamer= 0, also is you want freebies funny how you're not recommending it for PS and other consoles. Maybe for 'pro' but def not xbox gold

• Retropyro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cost of a sub = $5.99 or $71.88 for the year. Cost of XBL Gold one year = 69.99

So now you want them to add an addition $70 value to your XBL Gold membership for the year?

I'd rather see the free sub added to Mixer Pro as of right now, Pro has no real value added anyway.

• Spyweb84 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Valsis I do not understand why you would just add the total cost of one Pro sub and one Partner sub together? Where is the value there? Why not go straight to a $99/year Pro sub and add in a monthly partner sub...

Personally, I do not understand why Mixer has not contracted ads to run on the platform to increase revenue with that aspect. Give me a great reason to go PRO... no ads!

Regarding Microsoft value, I understand that Mixer does not want to be completely tied to Microsoft as it extends an olive branch to people who play Sony, Nintendo, and other games. However, there should be consideration of value when it comes to subscription services. Why not tie in Mixer pro benefits for Xbox Live Gold. I think its easy for people to understand Twitch and its relationship with its owner Amazon. That is why there is a easy parallel to Mixer and Microsoft. Until there is a Mixer app on Playstation or Nintendo, why not leverage the benefits to people who already pay to Microsoft and help increase overall value and brand loyalty. In that light, Mixer should also be working with Microsoft (store) to create a "wishlist" for streamers so they can get the games/products that viewers want to see them play, again, leveraging existing relationships. The buy game directly from the streamers page is a great start...let's build on that opportunity.

Overall, this is about value and brand loyalty to consumers and we live in a time where people need to stretch every dollar they can. Mixer should absolutely continue developing itself as its own brand and be its own business, but no one can forget that they are still owned by Microsoft. Continue to use that relationship to both their advantage and split that revenue so that Mixer continues to grow! - Spyweb

• Valsis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will have to fully disagree with this idea and the reason is the following.

Mixer is not just a streaming platform but a business that has to get money from somewhere.

If a company hands out free things all the time, that's the recipe for disaster and a business to fail in the long/short run.

The only thing I see viable to be done is, increase the value of Mixer Pro from $7.99 to $13.99 where it would include both Pro features and a Sub for you to use on your favorite Partner.

This would be the only terms I would agree on to be changed.

• AtlasHorizon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I 100% agree that this idea should be considered. Mixer needs a strong financial option to contrast what Twitch has from Amazon Prime. If the incentive to make more money as a streamer is there I'm sure even more content creators will switch platforms to Mixer and the community will grow even more. After interviewing many streamers each week I've noticed an ongoing trend that a "goal" that everyone seems to want is to be able to do this full-time.

• DJ MoonDawg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is something I’ve been saying on my streams for a few months now. It’s a no brainer. Best implimentation would be to package it with Xbox Live 1 year subscription and raise the price a little and call it the Xbox Live Streaming package. It encourages users to get more involved with the streaming platforms and streamers if they can sub to someone each month.

• Ducain23 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would provide more value to Xbox Live and it would bring people over to Mixer to support their favorite creators! When Twitch started Twitch Prime... many users jumped on and watched streams to subscribe and acquire the unique goodies that come with that.

Would be very smart if Mixer/Microsoft does the same with Xbox Live and Mixer :)

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I much agree with this idea, it would give customers another initiative to buy Xbox Live Gold :)

• iDuskk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think thats an awesome idea. Definitley would give more value to xbox live gold, and it would compete with twitchprime.

• X3Cody commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was just thinking of this the other day. It would be a fantastic addition to Xbox Live and would be a great competing factor against Twitch Prime.

Personally I think this would be best implemented as an addition Xbox Live.

Feedback and Knowledge Base