Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Quality options in VODs

VODs need a quality option for slower internet, it is very bad to watch.

158 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Willian shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • nyna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! Not all computer can stream 1080 @60fps without lagging or even closing! Also, your mobile app is heavy as ****..it keep crashing on my phone :(

• Shiv Ram commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mixers post broadcast is trash ... Making mixer itself a trash compared to twitch ..... Y do u guys still use mixer just start using twitch

• Jay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have to agree here with this one. The issues I am having (can't speak to others) but where I live all I can get is metered slow connection, I am capable of watching streams/vids at 720 but not any higher, Smite has decided to take up Mixer for this season of SPL and they stopped uploading their vods to their SmitePro YT channel which means if I wan't to see them within a day or two I have to watch them via Mixer VOD system which I can't do because for a 30 minute game it would take me probably over an hour to watch it because every 10 or so minutes I leave it paused to buffer I get maybe 2 mins of play time before it's back to buffering again and again. This is a must and it probably should have been implemented from day one tbh. Seems like such a basic feature to have and it's not there. Sadly not everyone can get good enough internet to play the VOD's back at the original quality.

• Ricardo Cordona commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If all the other plataforms have such a basic setting, why does mixer thing the viewers have? An Internet connection that supports a 1080p streaming is something tha only few people have. They are excluding 90% of their viewers the dumbest way. People watches streams in smartphones where is useless to see something in 1080p. If this continiues mixer will demostrate how careless with the viewers it is.

• Na Ma Wi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

inescapable!!! VODs on Mixer.com are worst thing I seen since years. A "no-go"! Please add a quality option, otherwise the VOD-Function is useless.

• PsychoStingerXD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Indeed if it can be streamed in many different qualitys then it should also be captured in many different qualitys

• vafler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

dont know why it already isnt there. thought i was the one who couldnt find it. strange thing to exclude it

• Quinton Jamal Blackburn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This, a thousand percent this. I tried to watch the Smite Minor League matches last night once I was off work, and the audio plays, but because the VOD quality is locked at 1080p, the video itself stutters and freezes in four seconds intervals, before finally giving up and becoming an audio only playback. PLEASE allow for past VODs to have an ability to change their quality.

Feedback and Knowledge Base