Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Allow Mods to set slow chat timing

Can we (mods) get the ability to set the chat speed settings? When a streamer gets raided or has hundreds of viewers, they're busy with other things and can't always waste their own time to do something simple like slowing chat down. Something easy like /chat slow 0 (no delays) or /chat speed 5 (5 second wait time), etc.?

27 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

BigReaper shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • NightmareJoker2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Channel editors should be able to do this, not moderators. It might even work already from an integration (i.e. a chat bot) that adds the feature.

Also, please be aware that the slowchat setting is applied as follows: allow any individual user to send one message per time interval.
    In short, if you have a lot of viewers, it may not help in reducing overall message volume.

If what bothers you are raids, or repeats of the same message, either put [DNR] (for "do not raid") in your channel title, or put your disapproval of raiding in your channel description. You can also use a chat bot to delete repeated messages or time out users after they have repeated themselves a certain number of times in a short time frame.

• JanesManyTrades commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been thinking about this a lot when I've accidentally "followed" someone I am trying to timeout or whisper for breaking chat rules. Thank you for posting this!

Feedback and Knowledge Base