Share Controller adjustments 😺👍
Technically the Share Controller feature worked flawlessly.
However - there are some additions needed to make it truly shine.
Instead of having viewers just kick each other off the controller:
- Queue system where people can take turns for X amount of time
- Time on the controller can be based off how many sparks they spend
- A mode where only the mods assign who the player is
- The ability to have a max number of viewers per controller slot
- Be able to kick someone off the controller with sparks, then the kicker will have immunity for X amount of time
- Player slots only for subscribers
Other good stuff:
- Instead of doing the whole 'trick' by having the streamer being player 2 while the viewers are player 1, just be able to enable or disable different seats
- The streamer should be able to see who is controlling the controller at all times and with the timer if that mode is enabled
- Can play with an Xbox One controller from OS X on Chrome by using a third party driver
- Can play using a Dual Shock 4 in Windows 10 by using a third party driver
- List of games tried should be complied to save time [I've tried 100+ on PC but can retry them on Xbox]
- There is a bug now that automatically turns the camera on right before you stream even if it's set to off; this was not a bug prior to this update
- During my OBS-FTL & Tachyon testing, streaming 720p with a lower bitrate offered lower latency than 1080p with a higher bitrate; the ability to force a lower resolution would improve viewer enjoyment
I'm excited to see where this goes! =D
Very well said!
I love the idea of a queue system.
It sucks having multiple people wanting to play a game but one person just hogs up every second. You kick them and they quickly reconnect just in time where no one else can play. It's a nuisance to just about everyone but they aren't causing any trouble in the chat enough to ban them.
So I definitely think queue system and shared controller play time limit should be added. I believe that'll definitely improve the game play for everyone.
Another option if possible to to assign different people to different buttons. Someone to control the aim and another to shoot?
Ability to disable certain buttons - like the Menu button.
Taken from Discord:
When I had people taking turns with Pilotwings [SNES], I basically had a ghetto queue system set up where I can switch off to the next viewer in line.
If people joined in on a queue, you could have a shortcut like RT + right on d-pad switch to the next player [from the Xbox], with some type of overlay on the screen similar to a 'character selected' in Street Fighter of sorts. Of course a mod can switch to the next one too.
Doing these types of challenges with viewers against each other [and with a leaderboard] keeps them engaged and is usually entertaining to watch them suck or succeed.
- Ability to use keyboard controls from PC, in case they don't have a controller