Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Partnership requirements seem too high. Really high.

Right now the 750 followers and 50 consistent viewers requirements for partner seem rather high. The viewer count mostly.

Most streamers need around 5000 followers to manage 50 consistent viewers or roughly 1% the follower count.

Someone with 750 followers is likely to average 7-8 viewers.

There are of course exceptions to these rules.

I feel like this will deter people from picking Mixer as their platform because a lot of that is out of the content creators hands. Where as the other two big plat forms put more power into the content creators hands to get affiliated or partnered.

Youtube uses 1000 followers and 4000 hours watched. (easily attainable with 10 viewers over a year stick to that same 1% ratio)
And Twitch uses 50 followers and merely a few unique streams a month for about 8 hours total.

I am more interested in Mixer than those other two platforms and have been researching the big three for a place to start streaming myself. I'm just giving my opinion but that's just my observation from a fair bit of research I did.

94 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David O'Keefe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It was announced today that they are removing the viewer requirement and changing the requirements

-2+ months from Creation of account
        -2000 followers
        -12+ streams per month
        -25+ hours a month

• GrimlockePrime commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a new partner I think the guidelines for partner are attainable, They are there to make people work hard and realise that you also have to see yourself as a brand and as a brand mixer could work with. Being partnered doesnt mean you now get to coast and do very little and just sit back and wait for the money to roll in we work twice as hard after we get partnered because the grind intensifies. If someone if declined that person can easily ask the reviewer where they need to improve in order to get partnered. Trust me guys I got declined 3 times before I got it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the 50 consistent viewers is negotiable to be fair it's more about consistent community,active community members and how you are on stream too as a personality

• Dwoalin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you want to compare apples to apples. Mixer's requirements are more than fair. For the size Mixer is right now, the stats are very doable if you're willing to put in the work. If you're coming to Mixer, the partnership requirements shouldn't be the turning point of if you'll go there or not. Go there because you want to grow with the platform, not because you can't get to partnership fast enough. It's the same reason I don't hope to see an affiliate type program on Mixer. I've had friends start on Mixer and become partnered within 4 months of being on the platform. Everybody grows differently. If you want t grow with a platform where you have more potential for visibility, I'd say Mixer is your best bet.

• The Squishy One commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That is a guideline, they do what they want some partners never get that many, its more a picky and choosy kind of thing, i know some people that perform better then most partners but they get denied, i think its more gotta rub the right elbows.

• Valsis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To be fair, the current goals for partnership seem perfectly fine and fair considering how big Mixer is as a streaming platform.

Take into consideration I'm not making any platform comparison but basing myself on how Mixer is on it's own.

You can easily reach those goals if you seriously commit to it. You can look at all new partners that get announced every week. If they got it and they are post-Beam, everyone should be able to do it as well.

It's all a matter of commitment and how willing you are to put in the work and hours to it.

Lowering the current goals will make Partnership a joke of a program and the current partners will feel it's unfair considering they had to work to reach said goals.

If they can get it, anyone can.

• Akiblo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While 50 concurrent viewers may not seem high on paper, in terms of Mixer as a site.. it's **** near impossible. The irony is I see alot of partners new/old struggle to even hit past 20. Simply put, Mixer just doesn't have the numbers compared to the likes of Twitch / Youtube. Shutting off PS4 owners from the platform doesn't do Mixer any favours either. Best thing it has going for it is FTL and the general community but like I say, the viewer base just isn't there (to warrant these ridiculous partnership requirements).

I agree that ist's ridiculous. A streamer I enjoy watching and mod for has been trying to apply for partner and has more than enough followers but we only get around 10-15 people per stream so he was denied. Even streamers I've watched with 5-10k followers don't have more than 20ish at a time. Mixer's expectations are way too high.

• STRYDER commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree the viewer count should be removed but replaced with a professionalism clause instead. The view count also causes a forced hand situation where the streamer can have a terrible community and not be a person that the site would really want to represent the site on a partner level but still end up becoming one because they can point out the numbers and say "I hit your requirements where is my button". And force Mixer or Twitch to give them one because its only fair.

• BAHD_Cosplayer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes i would like the partnership to be lower aswell but they probably won't do anything to it right now because they do not have adverts on videos so Mixer are technical not making much money from partnerships. I think when they add advertisement etc they may reduce it then?

• TechnicallyLew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

50 viewers really isn't a lot.
        5000 followers average for partnership levels? Doesn't quite check out but even if that was the case? 5k followers can be achieved in a year or less.

Do you not find a year of streaming before hitting partnership unfair? If partnership was easy then there would be too many and it wouldn't really mean everything.

Like when people go "YAY Twitch affiliate!" and literally no one even blinks?

• Dieinpeace commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mixer doesn't need to encourage more people to stream here. To be honest we have enough streamers right now. What we need is a bigger viewerbase. Honest i think the less partners you have the better for viewership to be honest. It gives the partners and the site some prestige and give everyone something to strive for.

TBH the requirements for mixer partnership seem fair to me. You cannot go the route of twitch and have an affiliate status without creating an influx of streamers who just want the ability to monetize. IMO this was a big fault of twitches and why it is so saturated over there. It should mean something and be something to strive for not just handed out for the purpose of making the platform money.

• Bennett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

simple monetization options like twitch offers to small streamers will really help grow mixer and encourage small streamers. Mixer is just dominated by a few big streamers and everyone else gets no money or anything. It really discourages ambitious streamers

• iDuskk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oversaturation of partners isn't a good thing. Espeically not this early on in mixer's life cycle.

Also Getting a sponosr button on youtube doesn't make you a "partner" and twitch affiliate and partnership are not the same thing. Partnership on twitch requires 75 average viewers.

It seems like you view partnership as just having a sub button, but being a partner is more then that. I think needing an average of 50 viewers is more then fair.

Mixers in house currency atm is subs. Which they benefit from in a similar way.

Also Mixer would benefit a lot from more people having access to sub buttons. I follow many people with smaller communities and they still manage to get roughly 100 or more subs with less than 50 consistent viewers.

Yes of course for financial gain. A lot of people do stream for fun but if someone is looking to be a professional streamer then finances are important. They also incentives for new people to try the platform over others because even hobby/fun streamers still care about this stuff on some level.

I'm not saying make it easy to get partner. Just that the 50 consistent viewers is a much higher threshold than anyone with 750 followers would get. Those two things don't match up.

Go check out most streams you'll see it's closer to the 1% of followers I mentions than near the 6.6% Mixer has posted.

It's easy math do viewers divided by followers times 100. V/F x 100

I want mixer to succeed so I'm just giving my opinion.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base