Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Stop auto-refreshing to source

I, like many people do not have the greatest internet, so we are forced to lower the quality of the stream. The website however likes to auto-refresh to source and if it can't do that, it will force off FTL and drop stream quality to 240p. I can handle FTL. I cannot handle FTL at 1080p.

Please stop the auto-source and have it respect the transcoding quality options we select. I don't want to fight the site just to watch my favourite streamers

77 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

VonGrimm Music shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • LilShortstuf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or for those of us who watch a lot of streams but don't want to eat through all of our internet allotment for the month. I like watching in a slightly lower quality but every time I refresh it goes back to 1080p...

• Knightwolf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is why i hate this because streamers like the ones on Xboxinteractive just tells you to refresh the to fix a problem but if your watching in low latency, there just suggesting to make problems worse for the viewers. Reason it resets everything so you will be watching source mode which you can't watch and if you have slow enough internet the stream page actually doesn't even load up

Feedback and Knowledge Base