Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Enforce no IRL Streams while driving

In light of current evens, I feel as a streaming service, Mixer should promote not live streaming while driving, This is dangerous not only for the streamer but Driver but other road users via taking the streamers attention away from the road to the chat.

With this, I understand there is 2 sides, some people might stream what they see, almost like a dash cam and not interact with chat at all, or stream in such a way they cant see the chat.

I just feel there should be something in ToS against this.

136 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Eko shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Skuggi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A simple no interacting with a device is all thats needed. In the recent event, there was a guy focusing on everything but driving. A mounted phone and streaming basically like using a GPS is fine. Someone holding their phone, doing a bunch of stuff while moving is bad driving no matter if they're streaming or not.

For years, we've had people on CB's and using Cellular Hands free, even not hands free. ALPR's in cop cars are now smaller, but they used to have an entire laptop in cars. Same with EMS units. GPS is everywhere. And they are fine because you can keep your eyes up, Texting and Driving for example is such a big problem because you don't have your head up.

• OracleTheWhite commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i agree streaming while driving should not be a thing but mixer already has in its tos that you are bound by your state laws of what you can and can't do so i don't think it should be added to the tos

• AcoWolf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree with that but...sadly...how to know when someone is on live while driving?.
        I believe that is more of a responsability for the streamers and persons in general about driving, you know...driving moral and logical conclusion of not doing anything else than driving because you can make an accident...

• SPDarklord commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the UK using any mobile device is illegal, so streaming while driving in the UK is at least illegal.
        Upvoted, I feel like there should be something against this in ToS to reflect the what could happen and show Mixer does not streaming and breaking laws while doing so.

• JBJblaze commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think so long as IRL streams while driving are done hands-free, whether by mounting the phone like a dash cam, or by having a passenger handle the phone... there's really nothing wrong with this if done responsibly. Not sure that an addition to the ToS is necessary, though.

• Jess commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, I don't believe there is any reason to stream while driving. Not only for the reasons of focus but for the simple fact that accidents happen no matter how focused people are. What happens if there's some horrific accident that is caught on the stream? I can imagine something like that being very traumatic for everyone involved.

• Lyndon MacLeod commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely no need of doing ANYTHING on a cell while driving (let alone streaming). This gets my full support!

• Zomberella commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is virtually no reason to compromise the focus of driving for the sake of adding content. There is just none. It doesnt matter what gets implemented, impairing someone's ability to focus on the road will eventually lead to accidents. Just as it's an obvious thing that people shouldn't text while driving, streaming should also not be allowed.

Feedback and Knowledge Base