Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Following and Unfollowing

I think there should be a new feature added to Mixer that saves a lot of people. When you accidentally click unfollow, it does not warn you that you unfollowed. So I think that when you unfollow, a pop up box would appear that says, "Are you sure you want to unfollow (person)?" Then it would give the option of yay or nay. A lot of people have suffered from this with one of my friends being an OG follower of a stream and he accidentally unfollowed.

36 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

S0lar_Akg shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Gage J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

okay so i have been following this one channel for a few months and one day i got on and it had unfollowed him and when i try to type in chat it says that im not permitted to do it , does anyone know whats happened and how to fix it

• MellowAfa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I figured out that if you see there name in chat and right click option from mouse a minor-bar for their name gives an option to “follow”, it works. But keep in mind there are streamers/channels that have restrictions or bans so that may the case as well

• Martha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes!!!^^^ I recently lost about 11 months of followage because of accidentally clicking the button. In the stream I was in, we like to use our !followage as a way to show new followers how long the streamers been on Mixer and I was the one with the exact day/hour/minute. Now I cannot use my followage date. This really should be considered.

• NicoTheDane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yo so if anyone is having an issue with no follow or sub button on pc ... turn ad blocker off ... the follow and sub button gets picked up in ad blocker as an ad so turn it off then refresh the page and it will be there.. a friend had that issue so i told him have you turned ur ad blocker off so he did and refreshed the page and the follow and sub button was there

• Nia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I accidentally unfollowed someone I followed for months. (As long as I have had mixer). It’s really upsetting because I didn’t mean to unfollow them.

• Daniel Cockayne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah I got caught by it multiple times because if I use xbox it says I'm followed but go on mobile or pc and it says not following so then you click follow and it unfollows you on another platform aka xbox or mobile or pc 😡🤦🏻‍♂️

• CaptainRick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just became the latest victim of the Accidental unfollow ...This needs fixing ...Come on Son!!

• AXExMANxACE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is definitely an issue that needs to be resolved I have seen it happen all to often. Please address this issue. Maybe make it only happen only in the settings feature. Somebody whom has been a part of a stream for over 3 years accidentally unfollowed and has now lost their 3 year status. This is something that can be quite frustrating. Thanks for your consideration.

• MackNJeeves commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can confirm that on Mobile there is no confirmation. Would be pretty easy to unfollow by accident and not notice

• Beeyoo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love it to be a lot harder to unfollow.I've had too many accidentally hit it on mobile and lose their follow date. It's really sad when I can't fix it. Great idea.

• Chris Gomez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Per the comment below... there is a warning in browser. I believe many Xbox users are still complaining (and perhaps mobile). Some folks take their follow length as a point of pride and it gets wiped. Admittedly channel bots could take up the slack, but hey we should be able to trust the Mixer API when it says something.

• Anaconda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As Valsis stated, its already around, but maybe for Xbox (If its not there yet, idk) and Mobile as I accidentally unfollowed someone I had been following for just under a year on mobile this morning

Feedback and Knowledge Base