Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Xbox one integrated Stream overlays

I would love for you guys to implement a feature that allows for the people who are currently stuck on console for streaming to have a couple simple stream overlays to use. Such as a face cam border and maybe a follower announce. This would be a great way to make console streams look a little sharper and these could easily be managed through the broadcast set-up, you could opt to have it on or off and just like chat overlay choose the position. This feature could be rolled out first for xbox insiders to test it and see if it has the potential to go far and get general feedback

541 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

mrPiddles68 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Started  ·  AdminMixer Team (Product Owner, Mixer) responded  · 

Pro users and Partners will now have the ability to add images, overlays, text, and scene switching to their broadcasts on all of our platforms (including Xbox and Mixer Create) using Lightstream Studio!

Read more about our partnership and how to get started here: https://blog.mixer.com/2018/04/11/enhance-your-mixer-streams-with-lightstream-studio/

We hope to expand access to Lightstream to more users as we validate the stability and performance of the feature.

- Matt Salsa

95 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • MrHypist commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Through the website you should be able to add certain things. For ex. overlays, follower notifications, subscription/donation notifications, etc. The main idea is to have the power of a streaming program in the website.

• Darc Shinobi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Streamlabs Substitute for Consoles.

I love that you can see stream chat on screen. It would be epic to even have to overlay options for consoles. Created by the Mixer team because I believe in you. Being able to add a picture from USB (not even a gif. file) and a small sound bite (I mean u can voice record in msgs and record voice in upload studio). Doing this and even with a minimal option of only two overlays. You would blow ALL competition out of the water. One for follows and one for subs is enough. Thank you Thank you Thank you. Hope to be a partner one day and want to help build this platform and community as life goal. :)

• Cory commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For Xbox users, this is the single-most important update we could ask for. Right now Xbox streams are completely uninteresting when there are PC users with fancy interfaces all over the place. This update would allow everyone to be completely unique and would most definitely increase overall traffic and especially console traffic to the site.

• Cory commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is probably the single-most important thing that Mixer should be thinking about implementing. I am one of so many console gamers that would more than appreciate this feature. It would be such a massive improvement for console users to be able to add some custom aspects to their streams. Mixer, please implement this. We need this.

• RockyXK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there,
    I'm officially working on Xbox One X console and planning to launch everything directly via Console.
    So I wanna know few things if you guys can do that then I'll appreciate it.
    I wanna know if y'all can add feature only for Xbox Streamers that they can Add their Logo while streaming on their channel and able to animate it. I know I can do this in XSplit and OBS but then I have to do the whole setup. Instead, I wanted to do something like I can edit my description, I would be able to edit my channel's broadcasting. And whenever I go online, it would show my logo on top right corner and can run ADS, and other promotional stuffs on the bottom side.

Thank you

• Kaelor Fogo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't have a personal computer I can stream from so I thought it would be helpful if you could have an Xbox app where you can add things to the corners of the screen like newest subscribers, top donations, etc. like you can have the chat already. I thought it would also be helpful for you to be able to connect a PayPal account so people watching can donate to you and have it appear on stream! thanks!

• TheMizzt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree with all this. In fact I was just trying to look up if there was somehow a way for this to be possible, with the streamjar and the soundwave interactive. Let's hope these features get added soon. :)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Edit - Also add the ability to hear play sounds in the background like music from a USB Stick or like if you are using soundwave interactive and each time someone presses the button the sound plays in the background of the stream. :)

So my idea is that people should be able to put in overlays by either putting in a URL or by importing PNG Images, for ex. If I made an overlay on Streamjar I would go to the overlay section add The Overlay URL and it could show followers and people that donated on the screen while streaming and also add design etc. to spice up the stream.

- Ninjas

• zZXDIAC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding a option to put in overlays would be great.a costemised stream looks more interesting for the viewers also it gives people without a PC a opportunity to grow big aswell without a PC.

I would personally like the idea of being able to set up your streamjar overlay via the "settings" menu on Xbox App. It would bring much more customisation into the variety of available streams listed via Xbox Players such as myself.

• Jenko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add the ability to add an overlay URL to your BEAM app on xbox thus loading and displaying the overlay for the viewers.

1 2 3 5 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base