Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Xbox one integrated Stream overlays

I would love for you guys to implement a feature that allows for the people who are currently stuck on console for streaming to have a couple simple stream overlays to use. Such as a face cam border and maybe a follower announce. This would be a great way to make console streams look a little sharper and these could easily be managed through the broadcast set-up, you could opt to have it on or off and just like chat overlay choose the position. This feature could be rolled out first for xbox insiders to test it and see if it has the potential to go far and get general feedback

540 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

mrPiddles68 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Started  ·  AdminMixer Team (Product Owner, Mixer) responded  · 

Pro users and Partners will now have the ability to add images, overlays, text, and scene switching to their broadcasts on all of our platforms (including Xbox and Mixer Create) using Lightstream Studio!

Read more about our partnership and how to get started here: https://blog.mixer.com/2018/04/11/enhance-your-mixer-streams-with-lightstream-studio/

We hope to expand access to Lightstream to more users as we validate the stability and performance of the feature.

- Matt Salsa

95 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree. Unless i want to upgrade my computer and buy a capture card I can't edit the way my stream looks. It makes it hard to attract more viewers

• Lefty the Kid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If Microsoft needs a little boost in reasoning for working on this... you currently cant play your games in 4k hdr and stream with all the bells and whistles going without spending a ton of money. If Mixer were to offer even some default overlay setup and some subscriber triggers, I think you would see alot of new start up streamers. Just a few of those being worth watching streamers and youre growing Mixer. This thing feels dead in the water until you do something to step in front of Twitch rather than chase it.

• M I L I T 4 N T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have requested this before and also posted the idea on xbox.uservoice.com stating they should also have an overlay system similar to this! All it would take is a site which is potentially a window, meaning you could add a boarder, text, goals, GIF's etc, then you just stream through this window which has your overlays saved to your account! :-)

• The Scro MX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Par exemple recuperer l'overlay créer sur StreamJar et l'integrer sur Xbox via le Lien

For example, recover the created overlay on StreamJar and integrate it on Xbox via the Link

• Richard Worth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They really need to make this happen!, I'm coming from Twitch and I'd love Mixer to get ahead of them at some point. This will go a long way to making this happen!!.

Being able to manage the overlay on desktop or mobile so you don't have to use the controller to do it would be awesome too

• Uncle Jessy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

110% yes this request. I primarily stream through my Xbox and love how simple it is.

A few options for a boarder around your camera... display your gamer tag, little ticker thing on on bottom or top when new folks follow... amazing and would love it.

• GoldenNova commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Custom overlays? would work like a watermark. we could upload it to u guys, and it would apply to our streams no matter what device.

• TheXboneGinger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be fantastic, even if it's not like a full software (OBS), just having a good handful of options to choose from would be amazing.

• Au lockheed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to adjust the transparency would be good.. or a minimise option, and being able to drag it around the screen so you can pack it tight into a corner, also the ability to make the writing less or more transparent, so it doesn't hinder the game. All of the options should be availavle to make it a much more versatile app, its too intrusive at the moment and annoying.

YES PLEASE!!! It really sets consoles behind all the pc streamers. I would love to have some options for follower alerts and donation set up and on my xbox streams!!!

• Xx_D_Day_93 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to happen!! Even if it’s like going pro, or amateur. I’ll pay a small fee to be able to use an overlay system or integration on mixer for consoles. Mixer Corp listen to the underdogs who are still stuck on consoles, we would like to be able to do the stuff all the pc players get to do. Please, we want to help make this better for everyone!!!

• SmokeyDevil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would absolutely love this! Not everyone has the budget to have an expensive fancy setup with an Elgato/capture card, or even have the powerful rig to run such things. It would be great to have such a feature.....Perhaps a partnership with Player.me? They have an overlay designing tool and I feel like something like this could be implemented with Mixer through Xbox. It'd give up and coming streamers a chance to stand out a little and make their streams look nicer and a bit more professional and visually pleasing to viewers. Just my two cents!

I volunteer RocketBear to do the grpahic work :-p

• Shortie861 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be an amazing addition if possible. Even for donate buttons, alerts overlays and even a cam border would be amazing for those of us stuck on console for streaming.

• The_Portonian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to add borders, animations for new follows and sound effects to broadcasts would help individualize broadcasts.

• The_Portonian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to add, position and scale text in the broadcast feed would be very welcome.

Feedback and Knowledge Base