Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Don't show streams on the front page that are not real livestreams (Specific example, Xbox Interactive)

I've noticed recently that "Xbox Interactive" is always at the most prominent spot on the front page of mixer, despite not having any soundboard, etc, a requirement for other streams to even be on the front page (a streamer I was watching recently had their soundboard off, was not on the front page, turned it on, was put on the front page within seconds, turned it off again after a minute or so, and was removed from the front page within seconds) and is typically only showing "Previously Recorded" content. I understand limiting the front page to users with some interactive features enabled, that's a large focus of Mixer and part of what you think separates you from Twitch and other streaming sites (though the sub-second latency is by far your best feature, imho). I disagree with the decision, but I can understand it. I can also understand giving official Xbox or Mixer or Microsoft streams priority for the front page when they are live, they are streams belonging to you or your parent company, they get some perks. I even agree with that decision. What irks me is a "stream" that is just showing "Previously Recorded" content gets on the front page and seems to be artificially locked there. My feedback is simple: I suggest that you require that to be one of the featured streams on the front page of your live streaming service to be a live stream, not a rerun of previously recorded content. Special treatment for special streams is fine, but save it for when the stream is actually live.

As an aside, it looks like views from the front page count towards the view count of a stream, eg, there seem to be far fewer people in chat on the Xbox stream than the viewcount suggests. This may be intended behavior, but it dramatically inflates the view count of whatever stream is on the center of the front page, because some viewers may keep mixer open to receive notifications when streamers they follow go live, and people typically go to the front page for at least a few seconds, which may register as viewing, neither of which seem like they should count towards actual views.

3 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

me shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I came here to post this exact same thing. This does nothing but hurt the community and pull viewers from people who are actually streaming at the time.

• me commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Last few times I've been on, this hasn't been the case. If it was just my imagination, sorry for the unnecessary rant (though please keep it in mind making similar decisions in the future), if it was an intended behavior, thanks for changing it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base