A few VOD Ideas
I have a few VOD ideas that would be nice.
1. Direct upload to Youtube. This will cut down the hours needed to download video and then upload to Youtube by at least 4 hours.
2. Ability to change VOD Title and add a description/tags.
3. Allow a free user to choose 5 VODs to save for as long as they want. Or send out a notification to users when their VOD is going to expire in a day.
4. For those using Xbox, a way to save a few seconds-a minute from the VOD as a highlight that will go to their Xbox videos and then they can share it with others on Xbox.
5. This is something no other Streaming websites have that may be helpful for Mixer. A VOD editor.
This is a online app where you can edit your VOD. For free users, they could maybe only cut sections and add subtitles. For paying users, they could have more options like special effects, adding things in places, etc.
There are a lot of things happening in this one thread!
For a better user voice thread, we recommend one item per post. A lot of these items are already covered by separate posts, so I’m going to close this one out.
If you were interested in something in this thread, please find the appropriate thread and upvote!
6. When you download a VOD, I wish the file name would be the VOD title.
Like when I downloaded the VOD titled "Dark Souls 3: Part 1" the file name was "source(9).mp4."
I wish the file would have been named "DarkSouls3Part1.mp4" It is very annoying to have to open files to see what game it was. It also is confusing when it is the same game, but multiple parts. Again, this could be fixed by suggestion 1 above.