Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Linking X, Y, or Z account to Mixer

Instead of having a pop up every time a page is refreshed telling me to "Link your Microsoft account", or twitter, or discord, or whatever account, why not have a check box next to each one so that it can be checked if you do not have that certain account, or don't want to link it, as it can be used as an intermediary way to stop those annoying popups until such time as that person may want to go and make an account with Microsoft, Discord, etc... Then they can chose whether or not to link them from their account

7 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AWaRFISH shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • WyteWolf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every time I log in to mixer, I get a popup window/notification to "Link my Microsoft account" this has been going on for several months now and it's really getting annoying to have to "X" out every single time. By now if I wanted my accounts linked, I would have done so and gone through the process. .... I DON"T want them linked. ... Please remove the option to link the accounts or just force everyone to create new logins. But when Mixer gets sold to someone else, all of this is going to happen again. I KEEP my accounts separate so that I don't get hacked as often as those who use linked accounts, if one gets hacked, you gotta chase your tail to save all your stuff. It's called internet security, I keep things separate and don't want linked accounts.

• Valsis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As far as I'm aware, Mixer is slowly moving towards using Microsoft accounts only to login in the platform. This is why new users who want to join the platform require a Microsoft account instead of, let's say, a Google account.

From personal experience, It used to nag me too until I gave in and decided to make a dedicated Microsoft account for Mixer where I now recieve e-mail notifications (if enabled), where I now go through tickets that I've submitted, and I also use that e-mail to login both in here and the Mixer forums.

In all honesty it isn't a bad thing, it's just a little bit of work that will get done in no time and that annoying pop up will vanish once you're done linking your account!

Go for it and give it a go!

• Magpie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please, fix this. I don't have a Microsoft acount, nor do I intend on getting one. Give us a way to opt out of these nag screens!

• GreaterLegion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Eliminate the constant nag window on login to 'Link Microsoft Account'.

Its very irritating every.single.time you login to see this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base