Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Requesting an user option for streamers to chose whether they want to be featured on the top page

Since a friend of mine started streaming on Mixer, sometimes his stream is chosen as the featured stream. These 5 featured streams stand out on the top page. This might be a good thing to grow population in the stream, but we found there is also a downside.
When his stream became featured, some rude people rush into his stream and post inappropriate comments; racism, meaningless words and so on.
These people have never appeared before the stream is chosen as the featured stream. He accepts people to come to his stream, but it is annoying to have people who are trolling or racists. I suppose some streamers like him do not want to be featured because of that.
Moreover, his stream even has a stable community, I mean, there are enough constant viewers. So there is no need to be shown on the list of streams in the top page. In other words, the stream could be available for only people who have access given by the streamer.
Hence, at least, my friend and I think there should be an option that asks a streamer to allow mixer to choose his/her stream as a featured stream. We believe this fits to the needs of some streamers in Mixer.

22 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

newRusk shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Metzhara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to offer an alternative to your idea. I think it sucks that your friend would reject the benefits of getting more viewership for some jerks with social ineptitude. I would instead interject the proper solution is when streamers go into the "Featured" section (whether on Mixer or Xbox) that GOLD mods enter and assist in throwing out the garbage. This sets a great and positive message, and people like your friend can continue to enjoy the benefits of the positive and the scrubs get rekt.

Feedback and Knowledge Base