Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Rebroadcasting

Good morning mixer, I was talking to a partnered streamer today about his thoughts on rebroadcasting. I know it doesn't violate the TOS which is always number 1, but I think its would only be fair to other streamers if they had to set their "game" to a "rebroadcasting" status. This way when someone searches for a game they would not get a rebroadcast over a live streamer. Thank you

5 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Patrick Mulligan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • ThePerry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Bundy, Rebroadcasts shouldn't show up in the main "list" of live streams, they should only be visible in their own listing that you have to actively choose to see. Either that or give us filter settings that we can save for our own filtering. So that when we view the main screen we see what we have chosen in our own filter settings instead of getting the full list all the time. This also goes for languages, I don't have any interest in watching streams in for example French languages as I don't understand their language. So if a streamer sets their language on their profile to any language that I don't have in my settings I don't see them in the "all streamer" list since I've not asked to see that language, the same could also be done for Rebroadcasts if they can't be moved away from the main view.

• Bundy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree!

Bare minimum, they should be in their own section or at least treated like hosts, so that they don't appear in the main Browse feed.

kwebbelkop airs his rebroadcasts 24/7 when he isn't live. Considering he only streams maybe once or twice a week, he is just soaking up viewers and followers from actual "live" streamers.

• PinkMeatBall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree with something similar however I think the rebroadcast should be in a section that doesn't show up on front page. I am seeing 100+ viewers in a rebroadcast on the front page is crazy.

Feedback and Knowledge Base