Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Global moderator?

A "global moderator" status in Mixer. This user would be a moderator in every stream, but would have really their own (strict) rules received from Mixer staff on how to be "a global moderator". If the rules of global moderation are broken, the user would lose the moderator status and receive a timeout/ban from Mixer depending on how many rules were broken.

I understand this might be difficult or that the streamer wants to decide her/his own mods, but I thought this might be a good idea for those new streamers who do not have moderators yet. Of course, the global moderator will abide each channels rules, but would also know 'Rules of user conduct' and most of 'Terms of service' by heart.

This could be named like a Mixer "overseer", a user who looks into streams and makes sure everything runs smoothly without problems, but is not a moving tech support.

The "global moderators" would be picked by Mixer staff and made either a permanent or a momentary role. Most likely starting with momentary, lasting from a week to a month.

Then, if there's no negative feedback on the moderator and the moderator has been busy "cleaning" the community from trolls, would the moderator receive the permanent status, until of course receiving enough negative feedback (or being lazy) to be demoted to a normal user.

25 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

FinnishFool shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Screwdrvr1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Then, if there's no negative feedback on the moderator and the moderator has been busy "cleaning" the community from trolls, would the moderator receive the permanent status, until of course receiving enough negative feedback (or being lazy) to be demoted to a normal user."

This statement is pointless, the first troll a new moderator bans or kicks would be His/her first negative feedback!

• Micha De Wals commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was about to post this myself. What would be an idea is to have partners nominate some of their mods they trust to become global moderators. Small streamers can either enable or disable global mods in their settings. When enabled a global mod can moderate the channel

• Fibre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to bring back this role from Beam days. I would apply myself!

• Adil Sadiq commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How does one become a global moderator? I would like to become a global moderator as I do moderator for multiple channel including 2 mixer partners.

• Aidan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I mod for several streamers too and would love the ability to help out other streamers. I'm pretty **** on the Mixer Terms of service for my own channel aswell as those I moderate in.

• Johnny cisneros commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been a moderator for many streamers big and small and to be able to help out new streamers would be a very big pleasure.

• Valsis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Role used to exist back in 2015 in open Beta as a volunteer spot.

Shortly after the Microsoft aquisition que role was put on hold and now seems to have been put on the shelf as there's plenty of staff members, not only from Mixer but from Xbox itself, to get the job done.

I personally wouldn't count on it being back.

• JBJblaze commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having been wanting to be a global moderator on Mixer myself, I found out that Mixer staff themselves act as the global moderators. Then again, I wouldn't too much mind the idea of volunteers with moderation experience.

• Snipex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is a great idea for mixer and their is no such thing as a global mod on mixer

• Edfame commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not sure but I think that already exists, I think the STAFF "rank" is the same as that. Again, no sure!

Feedback and Knowledge Base