Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Mixer PS4 App

Having a PS4 Built in app to stream from like Twitch or YouTube would be great to grow the Mixer Platform & It could lead to even more feedback to make Mixer an awesome platform for Gamers to stream on

128 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

BetaCypher shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Under Review  ·  AdminMixer Team (Product Owner, Mixer) responded  · 

This is something we would love to do! There’s no platform we wouldn’t want to be on, but specific permission is required from Sony to publish apps on their platform.

- Matt Salsa

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • MarioMan564 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want this to be a real thing because it is such a pain for me setting up everything on my laptop and then crossing my fingers for the stream to work because of how bad my laptop is. Built-in console streaming on the newest gen consoles is the best way to expand mixer. I just recently heard about it when I got my xbox one and I am loving it so far. Would love to see mixer be accessible on the Nintendo Switch and PS4 if possible

• Viper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree I play on the Xbox and PS4 and I would love to stream those games

• VidarVapor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this entirely! Everyone who comes into my streams is from Xbox One, which is lame since I play everything on PC! I also stream Monster Hunter World from PS4 which is a pain since I need to do a display capture from twitch to get it from twitch to Mixer. Since there isnt any PS4 support you don't get views really for games that are PS4 exclusive since no one from PS4 is really looking around to find PS4 games on Mixer. It's really limiting Mixer's growth. We also need some decent advertisement to bring people onto Mixer since really I didn't even know it existed until a friend told me about it, and none of my friends knew about it until I started to stream here. If we want to compete with Twitch Mixer needs to step up it's PR Game and really get it out there. YouTube ads, google ads, fbook ads, twitter ads, if you can ad it somewhere they need to advertise it. Get more people. With the FTL and higher bitrate caps it should be thriving, but it seems they arent trying hard enough.

• IXxPSYCHOSISxXI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry guys but I believe Microsoft bought Mixer to elevate it's Xbox platform to be more competitive with PlayStation. It's not smart business to just allow the completion to acquire your ace in the hole so to speak. Minecraft was already a multi platform game well before Microsoft purchased it.

• Bond0788 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sony is the one causing the hold up on this from what I have heard from Partners. Be patient and once Sony stops being a pain in the butt (to everyone) then I am sure there will be one. For right now, the ball is in Sony's court, not Mixer's or Microsofts.

• RyanGo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Because they own 1 game doesn't mean they have to integrate just specifically for that one game. But I agree Mixer should be a thing on PS now. Since they'll get way more audience with it.

• Chris Berto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dedicated Mixer app for Playstation fans. I shouldn't be forced to use Twitch just because I prefer the first part lineup on Sony. I know Microsoft bought Beam/Mixer, but they also own Minecraft and that's available on everything. Let's get Mixer/Microsoft and Sony to work this out.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

People have made posts like this but this chucks it all into one, want to diversify mixer and actually attract people and not limit them at the same time? put mixer on as many devices as possible, you can do it, make it happen, I want to stream games like mario and bloodborne and actually get new viewers when I do, keeping it on PC and xbox is like shooting yourself in the foot. PS4 has 60+ mil in sales imagine if mixers watchers we're increased by 3x that amount(based on sales compared to xbox) becuase you made the app. switch is getting up to 10 mil. again increasing watchers by lets say... 1/5 these are healthy and not outlandish numbers, get in some advertisers with the bigger numbers, bigger pay for partners, more people join mixer to get partnered.... Just do it its a win win for everyone.

Feedback and Knowledge Base