Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Adding mute function to chat

Many users want the function that can ignore someones unpleasant comments by themselvs. Is it possible to add the funcion like this at an early date?

162 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ukyochi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’d really like to see this, as I keep running into commenters just being childish and spamming with immature comments. I am new to the platform and this alone has kept me from looking at new streams.

• NightmareJoker2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Important: A user that is blocked in this manner should be able to tell that this has happened, and if this is done by a moderator, be given a reason why at all times. Anything else is unacceptable.

And since it was mentioned, "some viewers who do not get along in chat [...] It's not fair to our viewers or streamers to suffer because viewers can't block other users":
    Why do you want these people, together, in your chat anyway? Let's be honest, what do they contribute, if all they are looking for is fighting with each other instead of putting their differences aside? (this would go far beyond a heated discussion and disagreement, which I would consider perfectly fine as long as nobody is insulting each other)

I would much prefer people not have the option unless they are very determined (say, by creating a chat client via the API and filtering user's messages via that) rather than having to question whether they can even see a message I wrote, merely because they disagree about something likely trivial, having to worry about their well being, because they don't respond, simply because they are too trigger happy with their block button.
    Not to mention, the site has issues, and I'd also rather not have another way to be concerned about, in which messages can get lost and not be relayed, despite the chat server saying they have (CatBot, word filter, big event mode, and channel load shedding to name a few).

• BeeYoo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have some viewers who do not get along in chat. It's really sad I have to lose viewers because of this. Please get this feature!!! It's not fair to our viewers or streamers to suffer because viewers can't block other users. Thanks! This would also reduce any drama and Mixer is know for being friendly. Hope this happens soon!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, it would be amazing if we could mute other users in chat. There are some streams that give out in-game items while streaming, and this would help relieve the eyesore of some begging spammers.

• Archie Stevens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this idea. And what if we could highlight a friends Profile, and there is and option to set them as a "Mixer Stream Moderator". This idea could be cool if your a passionate streamer with a large audience.

• yabe-kun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish it would add this function.
    With a click of a button, any user can be ignored, which means that their messages will no longer appear on your screen.
    I think all users should have the ability to stop somebody from harassing them.
    We would greatly appreciate if you can give our proposal a good review.

• Kondrik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would suggest that it's probably a good idea to be able to have a timer on the command, rather than just making it permanent. Maybe something like a default of 15 minutes. So a little like a way to personally time out someone. It could always include a permanent option, but sometimes the ability to ignore someone is only needed until they calm down.

• TheWraith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So you're asking for a way for the viewer to block chat messages from reaching their own chat box, and not from everyone watching the stream. So basically when you "mute" them you can't read anything they chat, but everyone who hasn't "muted" them can still see it. This sounds like a great idea, especially if 2 chatters are having an argument and the streamer/mods don't seem to care what's going on, you can ignore them without disrupting other viewers. Voted.

• Gfox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to mute users. Especially people that tend to spam the same sentence. Continually spamming other people's chats off the screen is extremely rude. Sometimes the caster and mods don't do anything and allow this behaviour. So I think we as users should have more power to deal with users like that to make our own experience better. Having a toggle to mute by username would be perfect.

Feedback and Knowledge Base