Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Better Site Scaling and Intuitive Controls

Hello!

As I'm sure we've all heard before, it would be nice if the site scaled a little bit better when not using a standard maximized browser tab. Currently if you resize your window the Stream Video will scale down (which is nice) but the interactive controls will scale less. Which can lead to a tiny video and still huge controls! I think it's safe to say that most people would prefer to have their stream prioritized over the interactive buttons.

Now, I do know that the interactive controls will hide at a certain browser tab size, but perhaps maybe that needs to happen sooner?

Another thing that I'm sure we've all heard already is that the placement of the Share, Host, Hide Controls, etc buttons are not in the most friendliest of spots right now. Before they were right underneath the stream and were easy to see and to get to. Now they are far below the stream, interactive buttons, and streamer info bit. There's a fair bit of scrolling one has to do to get to those buttons.

I've had a fair a mount of people ask me how to host or share a tweet or how to hide the controls and I always have to say "scroll down and to the left." It would be better, in my opinion, to have those buttons be a little more visible. If we can't do that then a sort of options cog wheel on the interactive panel would be nice. Something that shows up when moused over and you could click there to hide them (or even just put that option in the stream options cog wheel).

I've attached a screenshot of how the scaling looks.
Let me know if you need me to clarify anything.

Thanks!
-BreakOfDay

7 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Break of Day shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jinkirin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have noticed using smaller browser windows forces Mixer into mobile view. This is extremely frustrating as well, as trying to view from larger screen tablets or mobile phones cuts out chat, and the chat (when opened) covers the entire screen.

I typically have 10+ windows open across 3 screens. 2 of the screens I divide into quadrants for my streaming windows (bots, VoiP, stream, facerig, Steam, etc). This means I have to use Mixer in a small window.

Anytime a refresh or channel switch is made, it forces the view back into mobile. To swap channels or refresh requires re-enlarging the window and THEN swapping. This sounds small, but it's becoming more and more detrimental the more I have to work around it.

I recommend either adding an option to disable mobile view in account settings, or make the website scaling detect the browser type instead of resolution.

Feedback and Knowledge Base