Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Add a Mod Chat/Whisper Mods feature for Channels

Add a way for mods to chat via a group chat function that whispers other mods in the same channel.

64 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Randall Wong shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • UG_Xenohh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, instead of having a separate chat for mods only, why not just make a command and make it the messages are a different colour.

• Christian Briscoe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That function could also include an @mods for regular users so they could whisper whichever mods are active to voice any concerns if they have them... beyond that, though, I definitely believe that there should be an in steam chat whisper to all mods so we can keep on the same page rather than swapping between discord and mixer for communication, or copy/pasting important info to every individual mod in the channel

• Kateract commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be most useful if it stayed inline with the chat, but only mods/streamer could see or chat on it, like a mod/streamer only /mod {message} command that was also highlighted like @mentions are.

• Acg1000 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe a separate chat channel for moderators via a little tab/button near the bottom? I feel like this could reduce flooding and loss of important messages

• KZ5EE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be really nice to be on the same page as the other moderators in larger channels.

• EvilNotion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Something as simple as @Mods in chat - the line would only show up to the moderators and the person who typed @Mods .. This way, Mods can communicate with eachother privately. This 'channel within a channel' could also throw up status messages (User @XxBigJerkxX was timed out for 5m by @ModeratorName. @SeriousSpammer was banned by @ModeratorName).

Feedback and Knowledge Base