Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Soundboard Should Work On Xbox

Like many Beam streamers, I have an interactive soundboard button configuration for my channel. However, I primarily stream directly from my Xbox currently (which I know is in testing). I noticed when testing it out that if I attempt to click one of the soundboard buttons as a user, it plays through my PC when I'm acting as a viewer, but it does not seem to ever impact the Xbox stream at all.

So as an Xbox streamer, I have no way of actively hearing or reacting to one of the best things Beam offers. I wish the soundboard clips could be heard through the Xbox. Otherwise, it's just there for viewer use but not much else.

23 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

midniqht shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • xinr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also agree, I stream from my xbox and my only use for my soundboard is pulling in more viewers

• DoctorFu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see this added, but the audio files would need to be saved on a server (I.e., StreamJar). Even then, it would need another layer running to play the sounds.

It's still very possible, though. If anyone can make it happen, it's the Xbox dev team!

• StarrAnnika commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree and love this idea I stream from my Xbox and have my soundboard set up but it's not usable for me right now it would be awesome if streamer soundboard can be linked or auto detect from pc

• midniqht commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can totally see there being a technical reason for not being able to do this. It'd just be a nice-to-have, since I do have a soundboard set up.
    It'd just be cool if we could somehow detect in the channel "hey, this has an interactive board set up, so push any of those sounds through to (insert device here)"

• NyaaSenpai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So the way the soundboard works is it plays a sound from an app. That app is ran on the PC, so when they press a button on the interactive controls it plays on the PC its running on.

Because of the way the Xbox app works and the way the console is set up there is no "audio in" other than the microphone.

Because of security reasons I don't see them adding a way to run custom apps on the xbox, without them being regulated VERY VERY strictly.

tl;dr
    My answer is based off my understanding of the xbox console and the xbox beam streaming app. In it's current state it isn't possible. How ever it might be possible in the future.

Feedback and Knowledge Base