Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Game list pulled from steam and/or other services

While currently beam only pulls their games that are listed on player.me there is a problem when it comes to games not being listed. Player.me's list in generated by the gaming community and not all gaming companies are gonna go to player.me to add their game to the list until player.me is really noticed by all companies! I suggest a few features to help add games?

1. Pull a list of games based on what people actually own on steam, origin, or uplay as long as they have their accounts linked. If this is a console game then Nintendo, Sony, and Micosoft respectively

2. Pull a list from steam, origin and uplay but have a secondary backend system to weed out duplicates since some games can be played on all 3 platforms. Same goes for consoles too but have them listed as the console version.

25 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

shufunk shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • shufunk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I did not say anything about requiring people to put in their steam/origin! My point was if the person has the game in their bought games then they should be allowed to use the name of the game they wanna play based on if they are in the bought games list or not. I own Sonic Adventure so i should be able to type in Sonic Adventure. If i did not own it then i should not be able to type it in. It's that simple

• Catherine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not everyone will want to link say their Steam or Origin accounts. A lot of people are not bothered if they have to do this, but to require linking of your accounts just to use another service such as Beam is not something everyone is going to like.

• shufunk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea there dominoe. I have no problem with partners help adding games to the list. If they could maybe have it so that if at least 4 or more partners were to play a new game that is not listed they can add it and when the 4th one sets up their game to the new game then it permanently adds it for the rest of us to use. Same concept for pro users but it would have to be like 8 pro users trying to use a new name. How this would work "if possible" is people can use a game name temporarily one time since sometimes on a games launch it's not available right away because of the syncing of player.me. Until the system picks up that more then one person is trying to add a new game then it prompts the system to add it to the permanent list and use some default thumbnail until the official one can be used from player.me

As for how twitch get's their games I thought on twitch people can do a custom game name if it weren't on the list? I may be wrong? Maybe if the full name of the game is not there but partial say for instance Rockstar comes out with GTA 5: Vice City as a new DLC. Since GTA 5 is already out it should accept that part and should allow the Vice City part of the name. Maybe if that were implemented it should then open an automatic ticket for staff to look into the legitment of the name and approve the name to be permanent after *** amount of people try to use the name. The name can only be used once from the steamer until approved to be on the permanent list.

• Domin0e commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

idk what hoops one would have to go through - But Twitch's approach with the Giantbomb list actually is pretty good. Sure, some titles they don't pick up on immediately either (because people still have to add the games to the Giantbomb wiki) but it's still a lot faster and more reliable.

Maybe a mix of the two would work?
    Or maybe allow Partners to add to Beam's game List directly or something (within reasonable limitations)?

Feedback and Knowledge Base