Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Streamer Subscribable ban lists

Streamer Subscribable ban lists
A eay for other casters to subscribe to a ban list of another channel, simmilar to "lists" on twitter.

Example: someone comes into a channel and starts posting bad links, ****, or inappropriate comments. The streamer bans them.

Streamer 2 subscribes to streamer 1's ban list, that person is now auto banned on their channel.

31 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Leavaris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • leasoncre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

good idea, but can be easily abused, intentional or not.
    someone bans someone for something they don't like, but might not be truly ban-worthy to other folks, and this person could potentially banned from all the other streamers subscribing to this list.

I believe ban-lists should be per-channel, and if a user is banned repeatedly by numerous streams(much math involved), beam.pro can identify an abusive user and global ban the account.

• gaelicraider commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

what would be ideal would be if a user gets banned in mulltiple channels then they get placedon a global beam ban list and streamers can subscribe to this

• KensonPlays commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This, I feel, would be a good idea for my channel. I try to have a non-swearing channel wherever possible, and that means I don't want foul language or a ton of spam. I could start building a list for those who want something similar.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a good idea to have on this site. Especially for those trolls that spam really disgusting things.

• RevDragonus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

first we need a ban from stream because as it is right now, people only get banned from chat. at least this is my understanding

• Davkas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this idea as a start, but there are some issues with it. I don't know how much I like one streamer having control over who is banned in another streamers channel. On the one hand, this would be really handy in dealing with trolls that like to channel hop, but on the other hand, it could also become an issue where one person gets wrongfully banned and now that person is banned in everyone's channel that is subscribed to the list. The idea definitely needs work, but I like the thought behind it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base