Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Ability to make highlights from VOD's

add the ability to make short clip highlights from the stream that stay permanently in your "past broadcasts" section. This is similar to the Video Manager on Twitch, so that we as casters can cherry pick the best moments from our stream.

253 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

cam shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

28 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • bowski477 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's nice that Partners are able to create clips. But can the rest of us have that ability soon?

• SadBambi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really love to think about Mixer as my primary platform but there are Twitch features that don't allow this. Few days ago I had a great role-playing adventure and I wanted to extract it from my VOD and share. It took me few mins on Twitch and I shared it everywhere - now people know my Twitch profile and I have no way to do the same with Mixer. We need Highlights (not the 14-day clips)

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As someone who streams on twitch and mixer this is something that really motivates me to use twitch more. Twitch has the ability to easily clip the highlight from the VOD and even offers to upload it to youtube for you. It would be really nice to see mixer catch up and add this feature.

• POGE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't wait dude! Stoked for this feature! Was planning on making a YT channel to post some **** stream clips.

• Roy_Takashi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow... the admin even made a comment on when we could hear about it... and nothing the following year?

• IXxPSYCHOSISxXI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OK MIXER it's January 2018 still no news on this one! What's the deal with this feature? Easy fix for Xbox streamers is to allow the Xbox to record clips while streaming...

• Stan Cooper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring this out, I want to use mixer a lot more and this is a feature which is very important to me for my highlights for YouTube. :)

• Hellkith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to see this feature added. Seeing I love the Mixer platform and doing speedruns on it would be incredible. But for speedruns the ability to make highlights is neccesary.
    Yes I know I can export a vod and upload it to youtube, but it would make a streamers video's collection more interesting if they can highlight items.

• Digitaldaigor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really want this, and add in the mobile app, a button to set the highlight? Streaming from Xbox prevent capturing the clip, have this button we ban manage and found exactly the moment we want to see, with a sharing option.

• Grande commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really appreciate this and even if it isn't permanent maybe for a couple of months or at least longer than the regular VOD

• JTMerrell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see that this has been requested before, but I'm curious if there might be highlights or maybe clips for VODs coming soon. I plan on doing speedruns coming soon and it would really help a lot to be able to highlight sections from past VODs to enter to the website. Otherwise, I don't think I can actually enter the speedruns in. Thank you.

• skillzNthrillz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love creating highlights of my best moments, they are fun for viewers to browse through, and they are really nice for making new intro videos and such. Downloading VODs that are anywhere from 6-12 hours and then using some other program to cut out a couple 1 minute highlights has been super tedious! Please add this feature soon. The last we heard is to "expect more info this summer", and summer officially ends in 8 days.

• WilliamWallace commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For several reason, YES to this feature. I feel this feature will add tremendous value to Mixer, and allow this streaming service to appeal to more viewers. Live streams are laborious. Unless the streamer has "employees" or volunteers to comb through his sessions to create highlight videos. If this streamer is on for many hours in a day, they do not have the time to apply to that task alone. This is where twitch has used technology for their replay feature. It gives viewers a quick appended version to see that streamer's best and funniest moments. Beam was already ahead of technology when it comes to tracking interactive pushes, comments, and viewers at specific times of the streamers' VoDs. This would be the foundation for the system to create the highlights automated. Then, there would be an option to add or remove other highlight "instances" or to lengthen or shorten each of the selected instances. I would assume that most would use an automated highlight feature. Not only would this entice more viewers, this feature would help our streamers stand out to game developers. Sites such as keymailer track total number of videos, viewers, and comments of the streams. With highlights, this makes it seem as if there is even more content being created on twitch. A combination of a few systems such as highlights can emphasize how Mixer is more optimal to give free keys to streamers for advertisement.

• JediKittie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do we have any news on this? It would be great to have. I loved that feature when I was on Twitch. It would be nice not to have to download the vod, and use an external program to do this. And yes, definitely needs an upload to YouTube and/or VidMe option. Please :D

• deficitdisorder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on this feature? This is something Mixer really lacks when compared to major competitors, twitch and youtube live both have highlight systems.

• samshepardgaming commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Mixer.You guys mentioned above that you are evaluating and more info is coming this summer.But its august 1st and summer is about to end in a few weeks so how long until we get to make highlights from VODS cause Twitch already has this?

• TheGramCrackerr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So on twitch you are able to create highlights and download them. This was good for me because I liked to be able to download them and use the clips for my youtube channel.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base