py shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • leasoncre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OBS or a 3rd party program would have to support this in order to do this. currently they do not. OBS only understands desktop auido and microphone. desktop auido being everything the computer is outputting.

but yeah, when the day comes that OBS can detect audio sources per-program, then it can be done.

• R5Dad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only I see this working is if stereo audio is in use. Then a streamer could put voice on left and music on right. So the "mixer" would essentially be a pan control. Tricky but not impossible. It's just a matter of if the web player can pan.

• odduser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish there was a way to implement this. Nothing against the genre, but one can only listen to so much Monstercat. It would be nice to mute the music in a stream and play my own music, but still hear the streamer. It's especially difficult when watching multiple streamers, because the music clashes. I wish it was as simple as splitting the left and right channels and doing voice and music as mono.

• Ace_the_Firefist commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

RTMP (FLV for sure) doesn't support multiple audio streams.

Might be possible with FTL but not with RTMP.

• seven8time commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this would require the Broadcast program to send x amount of discreet audio channels first.

• 2Cubed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love this idea.

You could expand it to work with multiple audio *and* video streams, so you could, say, do a 4POV stream easily, with less delay than streaming to someone's custom server and then to Beam. Or you could add sliders for music, game, and mic volumes! :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base