Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Spark API

I want to be able to send sparks to players, and have them send sparks back to me.

Chat commands would be /sendsparks @user #amt#

I also want api commands so I can make a bank bot.

150 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

YouPlay shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Albert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

follow for follow or sparks for sparks lol. people already have bot accounts to farm them sparks. if a streamer has their bot as a pro and or subscriber its only cause they are using their own partnership to farm themselves sparks

• Cykotiq commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please No. this can already be done through many various bot currencies. You need to be careful not to step on the toes of your community devs

• Stacey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Understandable that this could inflate the economy by implementing. A potential solution is to have channel specific currency. Perhaps with the ability to do a conversion of Sparks -> Channel Currency to spend. You could even offer the option to convert channel currency back to Sparks, but at a "loss". (I.e. 5 channel currency == 1 spark, or something.)

Having the ability to do this would increase the potential of a game that I am working on. :)

• SkilledSniper1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good idea, but there is the problem of "bot accounts" that might be created in order to farm Sparks, which happened in other sites and caused them to move toward a "buy the currency, no more free things" state. Perhaps convert the sparks into XP or have a way to prevent this issue from arising. Hate to see the spark system be torn down. :/

• itanshi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

bots have their own currencies, which should be enough. blipbot for instance works with interactive buttons

• Robert Price commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to be able to send sparks to other players, and have them send sparks back. Or send spark to streamers it would have a button under their stream saying send sparks to $streamuser. I think it would be a great idea to do.

• misoloo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know if that's legit. People could get infinitely rich by cooperating or having two accounts. Giving bonus sparks is only meant if you're part of the developers team.

• Cinder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If spark buttons are used, the sparks shouldn't just disappear endlessly into a void. A percentage if not all of the sparks should be given to the streamer with the interactive buttons.

Feedback and Knowledge Base