Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Add an option to make a beam user a [BOT]

As like discord, we need an option to make a user a bot, so that streamers and users watching the stream know that its a bot and running a program and not a real user.

241 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ChewLeKitten shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Planned  ·  Matt Salsamendi responded  · 

Happy to say that after much discussion we’re planning on making this a thing! We’d love to give third party developers the tools they need to shape the experience on the platform directly and we’re confident this is a good step in that direction.

22 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need a bot that can give points and make a virtual store that you can edit with points too and Scotty bots commands

• Cool Beans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is sorely needed as a BOT was banned over the weekend that is a channel bot in thousands of channels and received little to no support when it came to understanding that a channel owner programmed a bot response that was interpreted as "Hate Speech". Instead of dealing with the channel owner, the BOT was the one that was banned system wide. Imagine the impact, had it been ScottyBot ???

• ElectricHamstar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently bots have to be run from regular Mixer accounts. While this provides a low barrier entry for new bot creators, there are some significant issues with this system. For example, CAT deals with bot accounts used by hundreds of streamers as one person, meaning if the bot says something offensive by a single channel and then is reported, it is suspended system wide. This feels like it makes little sense, and also could easily be exploited in order to intentionally suspend bot accounts.

I suggest providing a way to mark an account as a bot account. A bot account would only be allowed to chat in channels which it has been provided access to by the channel's owner, could not be used as a regular account (API only), and the fact it is a bot account would be taken into consideration during enforcement actions. This would help prevent future issues like this, and could also allow for further bot support to be developed in the future.

• JJ Kelley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Supa. Especially if it would allow your bot to used all your sub emotes.

• S1D3WYZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES! especially with forced microsoft login, (which I will NOT be creating to manage bot) would be SO MUCH more convenient to be able to manage bot from main account. To have the bot acct be automatically given a sub role for partners would be AWESOME!!

• Supa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe have a sub login connected to your main account that gives you complete access to your bot account from your main account. I like it!

• KensonPlays commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would sure be nice to be able to manage aspects of a bot account FROM the streamer account. You would then no longer have to log out, back in, back out, back in again.

Can be repetitive and annoying to do that all the time haha.

• alex bamberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

During a Co Stream, the unified chat is great, but perhaps windows segregating the bots for each channel would be helpful. Watching a few costreams currently, chat gets bot saturated very easily.

• MonkeyDKS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love it if I could assign another account to the "Streamer" role so it could delete messages. I want a way to delete the "commands" from my chat, but bots can't delete other mod's messages. I'm just trying to clean up some of the chat by getting rid of the commands, but still letting them run.

• GhostfromTexas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love this! Would also like to see bots in a different category lower down in the viewer list as well. Maybe at the bottom.

When opening the viewer list to search for someone, you aren't really looking for your bots.

And if you are looking for you bots, would be nice if they had their own section.

• 2Cubed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just as a thought... what if it was possible to allow *all* Beam users to use a bot account as their personal bot? For example, if I set my bot account (Eight) to a bot, any user who visits its channel will have the option of generating a token which allows the bot to send messages in their own chat.

• ChewLeKitten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, make it so the bot users dont have a "profile page" [like http://beam.pro/Chew] but instead have it configured to automatically go to the bot owner's channel, so if I went to my bot's beam.pro/[name] page, it would go to my channel.
    I also like 2Cubed suggestion. You should not be able to use an email and password to login, you should require a "token" needed for programs to use.

• EpicSwampert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rather than giving it a tag or a different name colour, wouldn't an icon be more beneficial? Similar to the way that official twitch bots have an icon?

• YouPlay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd be happy with the bot adding a prefix or suffix to the username.

Example:
    YouPlay: I am a person
    [BOT] YouPlay: I am a bot, beep boop bop

• 2Cubed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All bots should be required to set themselves as bots somehow, either programatically or through the site.

Bot users may not chat in a channel without getting some form of permission (maybe something other than OAuth, to keep the option of hosting bots locally without a custom domain?) from the channel owner.

Channel owners may manage specific bot priveleges, including ability to delete messages, ban users, edit channel data, etc., similar to Discord.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base